Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i CVT Premium, All-Weather
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone ... I bought a new 2013 OB Premium in late September and now when I am idling, I hear a strange noise from the roof towards the rear or the vehicle. It sounds almost like a drop of water hitting (you know that thumping sound) the roof. It happens regardless of if I am in park or drive. Has anyone experienced this? I want to take it to the dealership but also don't want to look like I am overreacting.

·
Registered
2012 limited, white, no moonroof or nav
1,698 Posts
Hi everyone ... I bought a new 2013 OB Premium in late September and now when I am idling, I hear a strange noise from the roof towards the rear or the vehicle. It sounds almost like a drop of water hitting (you know that thumping sound) the roof. It happens regardless of if I am in park or drive. Has anyone experienced this? I want to take it to the dealership but also don't want to look like I am overreacting.
The seatbelt for the middle back seat retracts into the headliner, to the passenger side of center, over the cargo area. If it is not snapped in correctly, it can do what you describe. (I did not know the dam* thing was there, until I tracked down the rattle.)

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i CVT Premium, All-Weather
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The seatbelt for the middle back seat retracts into the headliner, to the passenger side of center, over the cargo area. If it is not snapped in correctly, it can do what you describe. (I did not know the dam* thing was there, until I tracked down the rattle.)
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to check it out this am and see if there is any improvement!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts