Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I bought a 2002 OB with a bad train in it. I got a tranny from a 2000 Legacy L, but the gear ratios were different. I was able to salvage the crown wheel from my OB, as it had two nicked teeth, and needed a good de-burring. Long story short everything is pretty much in, except for one problem. The tranny cooler hoses are not lining up as they should.:eek:

Is there a diagram of the tranny cooler hoses anywhere in the forum ????

·
Registered
16,284 Posts

·
Registered
16,284 Posts
There are rubber hose connections between the metal tubes. Would some generic rubber hose (perhaps fuel line -- not sure) be able to be fitted to connect the tubes?

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Yeah I ran into that when swapping a 2002 H6 (with trans attached) into a 2000. The 2000 trans lines are a bit different at the trans end. . . shorter I think. 2002 4cyl. lines were correct at the trans end but didn't have the provision for the inline filter. . . wound up spending $200 on hard lines and filter kit as I'd already scrapped the donor car chassis with those lines attached.

Pic attached. . .

2000 model 4cyl lines at top
2002 model 4cyl lines in middle
2002 model 6cyl lines at bottom.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
lockmedic
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing