Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, me in this case. I passed a Street View car a while back, and alas the images finally found their way into the current database.

So, any of you found your car on Street View?
Post it here.
A few tips:
A link is not forever - Google will update within 2 - 3 years.
If you use Google Maps to find your pic, a screenshot works better than trying to cache rip the image. The viewer object loads a bajillion images to form the mosaic you actually see. If you use a screenshot application, you can select an area to capture, so you can keep the giveaway 'Street View Guy' as proof, without handing over your exact location.
If you use Google Earth, you can save the image fairly easily, right from within the application. You will however likely capture info about your location, as location names and such are not excluded from the image.
Of course, there's always cropping and editing, but the more 'pristine' the view, the better.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's funny you posted this just as I saw a google car yesterday. I was on a surface street just before going under a freeway overpass, and at that moment the street view car zipped by above on the freeway. I sure hope its camera was running. I wonder how long it will take for them to put new pictures up. Mine might be in it then.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have your car shortened? Who did it? LOL.
Google did it for me. I asked them about it and they said something about it being the work of a pair of 'laxed' guys named Len.

No comments about the lack of crossbars or the custom black 'speed accent' on the fog light enclosure?

Its OK guys, really. If you feel left out you can just see if Google caught your car in the driveway when they went by your house. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok so I found this about 2 years ago and no less I had only owned the car for about a month when this picture was taken. Never thought this picture would come into use..lol

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
dianer
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing