2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,151 Posts
The one review was not very flattering.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,491 Posts
short answer to every thread here about "quick" struts:

build your own, pay the install shop to put them together. (on the clock).

KYB struts, KYB mounts (top hats) on install day if needed, and OEM springs if what you got are rusted garbage.

KYB is the last good name in struts. (and the one subaru relabels).

_____

if all you want in the whole world is something already put together. look in the rallitek online catalog.

_____

and if they are "quick" struts, how is anyone charging you $500 to put them on?
(does that include a lunch time trip to the nudie bar? at your expense)

Reactions: 1 Lucky Texan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
short answer to every thread here about "quick" struts:

build your own, pay the install shop to put them together. (on the clock).

KYB struts, KYB mounts (top hats) on install day if needed, and OEM springs if what you got are rusted garbage.

KYB is the last good name in struts. (and the one subaru relabels).

_____

if all you want in the whole world is something already put together. look in the rallitek online catalog.

_____

and if they are "quick" struts, how is anyone charging you $500 to put them on?
(does that include a lunch time trip to the nudie bar? at your expense)
I asked same question.

I found KYB here so I’ll go with them. The coils are fine not rusted. The car just drives like it’s on ground. Struts are shot.

Car has been in family from day 1 but nobody changed struts. Can’t complain it’s got 211k and still drives.

http://www.usautoparts.net/details/..._W1MC7ktWfHxwtqbO15nYU_so1bGWMchoCBX0QAvD_BwE

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,491 Posts
I asked same question.

I found KYB here so I’ll go with them. The coils are fine not rusted. The car just drives like it’s on ground. Struts are shot.

Car has been in family from day 1 but nobody changed struts. Can’t complain it’s got 211k and still drives.

http://www.usautoparts.net/details/..._W1MC7ktWfHxwtqbO15nYU_so1bGWMchoCBX0QAvD_BwE
yep, KYB don't make subaru springs, thats why you have to go with OEM. they are not that bad to buy, try online.
(amazon / ebay subaru dealers, maybe @subaruonlineparts one of the forum sponsors = the dealer in hicksville, NY
..and they might give you free or $10 freight).

Reactions: 1 Lucky Texan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked same question.

yep, KYB don't make subaru springs, thats why you have to go with OEM. they are not that bad to buy, try online.
(amazon / ebay subaru dealers, maybe @subaruonlineparts one of the forum sponsors = the dealer in hicksville, NY
..and they might give you free or $10 freight).
Should I replace springs anyways since car has 211k? Regardless of them not being rusted.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,491 Posts
Should I replace springs anyways since car has 211k? Regardless of them not being rusted.
maybe. as spring steel gets fatigued from use.

and you have had the car for all 211,000 miles, (like you know they were never replaced before for a fact).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe. as spring steel gets fatigued from use.

and you have had the car for all 211,000 miles, (like you know they were never replaced before for a fact).
Yep.

Wife mother owned it and then her grandfather did. They sold it to us.

I asked both and struts have never been replaced. They are type that drive cars til they die.

I on other hand like to replace parts that are typically worn out in that’s life span. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts