Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to be out if town on a business trip while my 2 week old Outback sits in the airport parking lot back in Kansas City.

KC got pounded with snow today, but I won't get back until tomorrow evening.

Part of me is hoping the plows won't get out before I get a chance to play in the snow.

Does that make me a bad person?

·
Registered
2005 Outback H6, 97,700 miles.
14 Posts
Hells no. I am super impressed with my 05 in the snow. Especially now that she has new treads. These things are amazing!

·
Registered
92 TT & 02 OBW
42 Posts
Yes, we got pounded in the KC area yesterday. A foot of snow in Olathe. I had waited a year and a half to test the subie in snow. I was not disappointed. :)

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Outback 5speed
57 Posts
Not bad at all.. i make sure to make it out b4 the plows come... when theres no snow im parking in the front lawn and/or my friends ditch.. (about 18" deep)

00 5speed with 4 new winterforces

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
You should move to my neighborhood. When there's heavy snow, the Omaha plows don't get to neighborhoods for a few days so there's always a nice snowy mess to play in.

·
Registered
2008 Legacy Outback
6 Posts
Got to get out in the blizzard yesterday morning. My '08 is like a tank in this stuff. So much fun.

·
Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, we got pounded in the KC area yesterday. A foot of snow in Olathe. I had waited a year and a half to test the subie in snow. I was not disappointed. :)
That's where I live, too. If the airport is open, I'll be driving around in the stuff in another 6 or 7 hrs.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
If you lived in MA, you'd have a governor who institutes driving bans when we get a storm. Hopefully he doesn't make that into a habit. <Placeholder for comment showing my clear disapproval of our liberal democrat leadership>.

I like to travel down all the dirt roads that they don't plow during our first storm of the year, and again when things are starting to melt in the spring. Can't do it in the middle of the winter, unfortunately, since there's so much snow you'd be high-centered almost immediately.

We're supposed to get some snow Saturday night into Sunday, but I haven't checked on how much.

·
Registered
92 TT & 02 OBW
42 Posts
Most of the main roads are in pretty good shape. I'm sure they are hitting the side streets today. You might have to head out of town to have any fun... :D

Hope you have a safe flight home and happy 4-wheeling when you get here.

·
Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most of the main roads are in pretty good shape. I'm sure they are hitting the side streets today. You might have to head out of town to have any fun... :D

Hope you have a safe flight home and happy 4-wheeling when you get here.
You might see me tooling around in the Great Mall parking lot on my way home.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts
if you're bad, I must be rotten

So I had to be out if town on a business trip while my 2 week old Outback sits in the airport parking lot back in Kansas City.

Part of me is hoping the plows won't get out before I get a chance to play in the snow.

I hear you KansasMatthew! I won't receive my new OB for at least 3 more weeks, but I am jealous of all my family and friends back home in KC right now! I am moving back to KC in 2 years and can't wait to have 4 seasons again. I have been checking YouTube for video of people playing in the aftermath, and nothing there. Anyone who is playing in the snow, post your videos so I can live vicariously through you!

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts
Here in MD we keep seeing these big snow storms pass just to the north or the south of us. The weatherman says something like, "Thank goodness, we dodged a bullet that time." If that is the case then just shoot me. I want to go play in the SNOW!

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,765 Posts

...then I've been REAL bad...lol. I make sure I get out every time it snows

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...t/43771-whats-your-longest-awd-snow-trip.html

·
Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got home at 1am this morning. All the roads were clear. But, my OB had some pretty good drifts all around it in the airport parking lot, and the lot driving lanes were all hard packed snow. I did get a chance to try out some of the capabilities. That thing did a really good job of keeping pointed the right direction and not even giving a hint of wheel spin in the drifts. I didn't hammer it very hard, but enough to know it's way better in the snow than anything I've driven before.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was just looking at the upcoming weather forecast for KC, and it looks like you may get another chance next week! If I were you, I would be heading for some country roads outside of town:) I used to live in Paola so know lots of them. Glad you are enjoying your AWD!

·
Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just saw the forecast, too. I don't want to play in the snow THAT much. And I don't want to be the only one that shows up for work.

I did think about driving down to Poala for breakfast at We-B-Smokin.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Lol! One of the reasons I'm buying a Subaru is because I'm self-employed. No work, no pay. I will probably be out doing a little storm-chasing when I get back up there too:)
Good breakfasts out at We Be Smokin! I used to love Hillsdale Bank BBQ too but I heard it's gone down hill. Pretty drive out there though.
Get a snow shovel and a buddy to ride along and go have some fun!

·
Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My trips to We B Smokin are usually in an airplane. I haven't had time to check on conditions at the Miami Co or New Century airports.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts