Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 H6 VDC SOLD, 1996 Legacy L, 2005 Forester XS
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My buddys passenger side inner CV is stuck in the diff. Ive hit it with an air hammer, mini sledge and prybar, hit it through the diff. with a punch both by air hammer and mini sledge. My next step is to remove the trans., take the diff housing off and replace it.
I have two transmissions that are toast but I'm hoping at least one of them will work. I am wondering if anyone has any info or knows where to get it on the final drive. My buddys Outback MY is 03/04 2.5 with auto trans. I have an auto trans from a 2002 H6 and a 97 impreza. Im hoping both of the diff. housings fit and one of them has the proper final drive.
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,666 Posts
um, you mean the stub is stuck? you already knocked the pin out and removed the axle?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately the cars after 04 (this car is technically an 05 I think) don’t have the roll pin. Picture the inner CV as the stub shaft and cup as one piece. I got the thing out after a bunch of persuading. The final move was to use both of the axle “poppers” at the same time. What a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Unfortunately the cars after 04 (this car is technically an 05 I think) don’t have the roll pin. Picture the inner CV as the stub shaft and cup as one piece. I got the thing out after a bunch of persuading. The final move was to use both of the axle “poppers” at the same time. What a pain in the butt.
struggling to get the inner shaft out is a bit of a worry .... mine just popped out ... you will need to renew the C clip on the end of the shaft to make sure . they get out of shape very easy but its a main dealer only part

·
Registered
2005 Legacy Wagon Limited 4EAT
251 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FWIW I use this and it works very well
That’s exactly what I used. It was very effective once I realized using both would push it out further hahaha. Thanks for the info though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.