Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,
In the spirit of Drive It Like You Stole It I, um, got this Outback alittle stuck. The problem is the rear wheels spin and it won't back out of the hole. Also, there seems to be alot of dirt and grass under the hood.

Suggestions please!

Thanks in advance,
Shannon

Attachments

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Hmm, scanned pic, looks like it's landing at the end of a jump. Can you walk around front and get a pic from that angle?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, scanned pic...

Couldn't figure out how to upload a still from a Quicktime movie so I took a picture of a print.

Anyway, re. the problem at hand, I dug the front of the Outback out of the muck by using my laptop as a shovel/scraper but then it broke loose and fell backfirst into more muck!

Now the front wheels are up in the air spinning...

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeez I post my problem and you people just laugh at me -- I'm glad your amused but that doesn't help my predicament, especially since I finally got the rearend shoveled/scraped out with the laptop and the OB went horizontal again, just not the right plane of horizontal...I thought these were supposed to be down to earth type vehicles.

Now all four wheels are spinning...how do I turn off the "hover" function on this (S)OB?

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the OB was FLYING...until the oil pressure light came on so I covered that up right quick with electrical tape and hovered around until I heard some loud click and clack type noises. Figured while it was stuck up in the air might as well walk under and see what I could see, so I hop out and...DOH!!! that's oil streaming out of the bashed in pan! The exhaust down tube and ft. valance were collapsed, plastic belly pan and both rear bumper side sections fell off! POS (S)OB!

I thought these were tough rally bred cars.

Good thing I'm mechanically inclined because I knew enough to pour a gallon of 2-part epoxy into the oil fill to help stop up the oil pan leak and bring the oil pressure back up. (Still haven't figured out how to bypass "hover" mode though.)

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny you should mention coolant because after the epoxy cured I fired up the OB -- there were some BIG noises and all this green stuff poured out of the head gasket areas. I know this is no big deal as my lawn mower runs fine with only air cooling.

All the rest of the body panels have since fallen off and all fwd gears are shot so I converted it to rear steering and drive around in reverse.

That engine sure sounds noisy going 50 mph in reverse but I think I fixed the oil pressure problem.

Without all the extra weight of the water cooling system and misc. body parts this OB has a great power to weight ratio and now I get serious air!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Roger that.

Anyone know of a good source for discounted new, OEM, OB parts?

As you can see, I need many.

Yes, its the QuickTime video that I tried to upload to my picture Gallery. It's fun to grab the cursor and cycle the OB back and forth if your into that kind'a thing.

Over and out.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Worthy of the Muppet Show at Scoobynet

If you and your OB really did that then I'm surprised the front bumper is still on it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
9 Participants
Shannon 05
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing