Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 legacy outback
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any recommendations on what brand of studded tires to get for a 1998 outback? this will be my first ski season in my outback. i drove a 93 loyale for 2 years before it blew a head gasket. i never used studded tires on my loyale but i don't think that the AWD is as powerful as the 4WD in my loyale so its just a safety percaution. i wouldn't mind slamming the guardrail in my loyale but my outback was a little more spendy.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outbacks, Grey Premium & Silver Limited
4,428 Posts
Nokian Hakka's, I can't remember what model was studdable though. I think it may be the Hakka 2's though, check out www.Nokiantires.com to find out more. Also to get a great deal on a set call Ryan at www.TireFactory.net and tell him you're from SubaruOutback.org ;)

·
Registered
2002 Outback, 6 disk changer, limo tint, yakima rack system; crossbars. In the winter Yakima Platinum Pro 18, summer mako saddles. Front cover. Hakka Q tires for winter time use. 70K miles and sti
50 Posts
hakka Q's (studless) are the way to go, there is no reason to have a subie and studded tires where you live. Actually there is no reason to have studded tires in the first place, I feel they are very dangerous in certain dry conditions and make road maintaince that much more expensive.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd 5MT Champagne
2,730 Posts
BigSexy said:
hakka Q's (studless) are the way to go, there is no reason to have a subie and studded tires where you live. Actually there is no reason to have studded tires in the first place, I feel they are very dangerous in certain dry conditions and make road maintaince that much more expensive.
I believe the Hakka Q has been replaced by the RSi.

I agree though, studded tires are overkilled for most people. A good studless ice tire is fine.

·
Registered
2002 Outback, 6 disk changer, limo tint, yakima rack system; crossbars. In the winter Yakima Platinum Pro 18, summer mako saddles. Front cover. Hakka Q tires for winter time use. 70K miles and sti
50 Posts
sduford said:

I believe the Hakka Q has been replaced by the RSi.

cool:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts