Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I will first say that I have been watching this forum for a while and last week I finally decided to buy my first Subaru - an Outback.

Anyway, everything has been going well until I get a letter today. I have posted it below. I am wondering if I have been scammed. I have specifically said to the dealer that I do NOT want any extended warranty.

Thanks

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,094 Posts
I believe that's the 2 year maintenance plan that comes with all new Subarus, no extra cost.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,346 Posts
Depending on where you are located it's automatic. We don't get those up here.

I guess the question is what did you pay? (not looking for the real answer, it's a rhetorical point I'm making)

If you were happy with the final price then you just got a "free" maintenance program.

Double check your paper work and make sure it's all good, which you should have done... before you signed. Sometimes dealers will pull a fast one, so it's good to be vigilant.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,528 Posts
Well, I will first say that I have been watching this forum for a while and last week I finally decided to buy my first Subaru - an Outback.

Anyway, everything has been going well until I get a letter today. I have posted it below. I am wondering if I have been scammed. I have specifically said to the dealer that I do NOT want any extended warranty.

Thanks

If you've leased the car (like me), that comes with the Lease and is worked into your lease payments. I've received the same....

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
I believe that's the 2 year maintenance plan that comes with all new Subarus, no extra cost.
Regular scheduled maintenance is not covered by the "free" 3 year/36k miles warranty. It would be under a separate maintenance warranty which is not included or required at the purchase of a new Subaru.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have just contacted Subaru of America, and the maintenance plan is apparently a free promotional offer the Renick Subaru is giving out.

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,094 Posts
Regular scheduled maintenance is not covered by the "free" 3 year/36k miles warranty. It would be under a separate maintenance warranty which is not included or required at the purchase of a new Subaru.
I'm aware of this, but Subaru has (or had been) running a promotion including a 2/24,000 service plan with new vehicles, this is what I was referring to. The OP got this promotion, as noted by his post after yours.

·
Registered
2013 outback 2.5i
1 Posts
I got the same letter in the mail today but the salesman at the dealership I went to told me to expect a few things from Subaru.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts