Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an e-mail from Subaru Parts Warehouse they are having a Black Friday sale and offering some big discounts.

Code BF2012
Good thru 11/26

I just got a remote start for $286 shipped. Figured I'd share.

Anyone else see any deals out there?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Just got an e-mail from Subaru Parts Warehouse they are having a Black Friday sale and offering some big discounts.

Code BF2012
Good thru 11/26

I just got a remote start for $286 shipped. Figured I'd share.

Anyone else see any deals out there?

hmmmm seeing as though I am going to buy a 2013 OB in about 2 months and want a handful of add ons, does anyone think it would be worth buying at these prices, the options I want - then when I buy, presenting them at the dealer to be installed and just paying the labor? Rather than adding them to the car purchase?

edit - oh, maybe they dont have 2013 accessories.

·
Registered
420 Posts
hmmmm seeing as though I am going to buy a 2013 OB in about 2 months and want a handful of add ons, does anyone think it would be worth buying at these prices, the options I want - then when I buy, presenting them at the dealer to be installed and just paying the labor? Rather than adding them to the car purchase?

Consider that if any of those add-ons, in that scenario, require warranty repair you could end up having to pay labor again.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The prices aren't THAT amazing, and you have to pay shipping. I would hold off until you actually buy it unless you see a REALLY good deal.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts

edit - oh, maybe they dont have 2013 accessories.
Only if the sale price of the accesory plus the expected labor is less than the invoice price for the option from the factory.

I would rather have a guy at the port who does a handful a day install it than a dealer mechanic who does one a month or maybe never having done one. Also saves a trip back to the dealer and a lost day with your new OB. YMMV.

·
Registered
415 Posts
fair points guys. I wasnt even thinking of "invoice" price on those parts while buying the car.

Thanks

I am glad someone brought this up to you already. I cannot stress enough how much money you save having your options put on at the factory. Case in point body side moldings cost ~117 invoice but ~330 installed by the dealer. Don't ask me how I know

·
Registered
60 Posts
Most dealers will discount (negotiable) these types of accessories at the time of purchase and if they are OEM accessories they’ll usually be covered by the 3yr/36,000 mi warranty. Always best though to confirm with dealership.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Fred Beans got the best CyberMonday deal, with free shipping. Local dealer in NJ has the same markdowns in their e-store, but of course they charge sales tax at pick-up. With shipping from PA out of state, there won't be a tax charge.

·
Registered
16,964 Posts
Fred Beans got the best CyberMonday deal, with free shipping. Local dealer in NJ has the same markdowns in their e-store, but of course they charge sales tax at pick-up. With shipping from PA out of state, there won't be a tax charge.
yeah, I have one item I almost bought yesterday from FB but have decided to wait for monday - and your post made me consider packing on a coupla more items if I can think of stuff.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I am glad someone brought this up to you already. I cannot stress enough how much money you save having your options put on at the factory. Case in point body side moldings cost ~117 invoice but ~330 installed by the dealer. Don't ask me how I know

Well I wont likely be factory ordering if there are any Browns left when I buy, as you cant do that anymore. But still, I am going to just do this when I buy - the deals arent THAT great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
Sequoia225
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing