Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Greetings from Latvia! :)

I'm driving OBK MY12 (boxer diesel) now for a bit more than a year. Found this forum on Google and decided to share our adventure trip to Nurburgring in Germany. It's not about off-road adventures, but still very interesting and nicely to watch (sorry if I've posted this in a wrong forum, in this case the moderators will help me to move this thread to the right one). ;)

So, please enjoy our video (two Subaru Outbacks in main role :)) made by professionals (ROBYWORKS). English subtitles also added.

SUBARU Boxer Diesel Attack on Nurburgring FullHD (ROBYWORKS) - YouTube

Thanks in advance for feedbacks, if any. :)

·
Gallery Ninja, ,
2004 Outback "Bluebaru" & 2005 Outback XT
5,192 Posts
Interesting, the course marshals banned them from the ring for videotaping themselves?

Sounds like a dumb politics. Nonetheless, the video is pretty well produced and was fun to watch. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Two laps is tough to even start getting a feel for the course and work on your lap times.
I wonder what their first two lap times were?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As you can't make a continuous lap after each lap on the track during tourist rides, it is not possible to get the exact lap time, but if we could, it would be about 12 minutes and 30 sec something...
But actually this was not about setting some speed records or whatever. It was just a nice trip and adventure. ;)

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
The Ring is pretty famous. Though I wonder if there are many tracks where weekend track days are done by every day car owners in the UK?

In California we have several tracks where your average Joe can go and run laps for the day. Several co-workers have Porsche Fridays once a month where everyone drives their sports car to work. Silicon Valley is a little insane nothing like driving into a three floor 300 parking spot garage for the company building and the first two floors are nothing but high end sports cars. Then that Saturday many of them drive up to a track and spend a few hours running laps and even swapping cars. The track is flat and they like it given you could spin the car off any part of the track and only suffer a bruised Ego.

Actually one of the entertainment factors was one of the guys had a Viper all tricked out and everyone would get a kick out of watching the newest track rookie take the Viper around the track. One of my team members mentioned exiting a turn with 4 spins in the Viper and he refuses to swap cars with that guy now! That co-worker had a really nice 911 Turbo for several years sold it to another co-worker and bought a Elise which makes just about any driver a track star.

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5 GenIII
5 Posts
Hej,

Nice vid mate :29:
Have driven there twice .... such a fantastic circuit.
According to their website they're still open ... might go there again with the Outback and see what can be done with AWD instead of FWD :D

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5 5-spd
23 Posts
Awesome video, I really would like to go there myself, but living in the U.S. might prove to be more of a challenge then I want to take on

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
185 Posts
They banned you for filming? No wonder it's going insolvent...

Cool video. Thanks for posting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts