Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2017 Outback 3.6 Touring, from a Chevy dealer, that is still within the factory 5 years/60,000 mile powertrain warranty. I am the 3rd owner of the Outback. The second owner purchased it from a dealer as a CPO vehicle. My question is, is the CPO 7 year/100,000 mile warranty transferable? I called Subaru and the lady stated that the computer shows the warranty expires at the 5 years/60,000 mile mark and not 7 year/100,000 mile warranty, but she wasn't sure if the CPO should have transferred or not... Trying to find an expert or something in writing that tells me. Overall, not a big deal, but really just interested if it does or not. Thanks!

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outbacks, Grey Premium & Silver Limited
As it is a CPO vehicle the CPO warranty should carry over indefinitely until it expires or circumstances cause it to be voided (by inadequate maintenance, etc). I would check for any paperwork and/or books that came with the vehicle before the Chevy dealer acquired it as well as finding out what Subaru dealership was involved in the CPO process and consider contacting them if need be.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
As it is a CPO vehicle the CPO warranty should carry over indefinitely until it expires or circumstances cause it to be voided (by inadequate maintenance, etc). I would check for any paperwork and/or books that came with the vehicle before the Chevy dealer acquired it as well as finding out what Subaru dealership was involved in the CPO process and consider contacting them if need be.
I looked at all the manuals/paperwork and didn't see anything. Thanks for the recommendation--I'm going to call Subaru Added Security, it appears that they service the CPO program, as well as the certifying dealership on Tuesday. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts