Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I sent a message through mysubaru.com to customer service asking if they could tell me where to get a replacement set of fasteners for the rear seat back protectors I was installing in my car. Here is the email exchange:

Who can I talk to about getting a replacement set of clips/screws for the rear seat back protectors accessory, part# J501SAJ600. I only need the 5 clips that screw into the back of the rear seats. Is that something I can get from the dealer or directly from Subaru?

thanks!
iain
I got a reply at 3:19PM today:
Hello Iain:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Subaru of America, Inc.

I have checked with our Parts Department and there is no hardware kit for the rear seatback protector for your 2012 Outback. The clips would have been in a hardware kit. But, the only part available is the entire rear seatback protector. I am now waiting for a reply from the Accessories Engineer. I am checking with him to see if he has any extra clips available to send you five.

I am out of the office now and all day tomorrow. I will be back in touch with you by the end of the week, Iain.

Sincerely,

John XXX
I replied at 3:43PM:
John,

Thank you so much for getting back to me and trying to source replacements. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

thanks!
Another reply at 4:03PM:
Hello Iain:

I was just about to leave and the Accessories Engineer stopped by with 5 clips in his hand. These clips look like tops. Please let me know if these are the right clips. Thanks.
I replied again at 4:19PM:

Hey John,

That's them. They should be a flat disk with a thick screw on one side and a pair of pinch clips on the other side.

My address is :

XXX
XXX
XXX

Thanks so much for finding these for me!

I'll let you know when I receive them.
4:23PM:
Hello Iain:

Got the correct clips. I will get them out by UPS on Thursday. The UPS guy was already here today for his afternoon pick-up. You should have them by the weekend or early next week at the latest.
Now THAT is service.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
Impressive, and a smart person working in service. For the ~$5 it costs them for the parts and shipping, they have just pleased a customer beyond expectations. It amazes me how many companies will go out of their way to try and help someone with a BIG problem, but won't jump in and give a hand out for something small. It's these small things that really impress people.

·
Registered
03 Baja Yellow 5MT 235k miles & 09 Outback 2.5i Quartz Silver 5MT 105k miles
88 Posts
I worked in that seat at Subaru for over 6 years. I can vouch for them. One of the best customer service departments you will ever experience.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Great to hear!! I had a Ford Expedition several years ago. Had a known issue with something in the rear end. I had to have it replaced (under warranty), and 7 months later it went bad again. In that 7 months I had gone beyond the warranty miles, but their invoice states that they warranty their work for 12 months or 12K miles. Well, they refused to pay for the replacement. I tried going to Ford regional, and got denied. Went to the dealer ownership, deaf ears. Royal pain!!!! Needless to say I no longer own a Ford and have no intentions of doing so in my lifetime!!

·
Registered
Tungsten 2017 2.5 Limited w Eyesight SOLD!
1,043 Posts
Subaru is still small enough to actually care about their clients and I really hope they will keep that momentum going as they grow...:29:

·
Registered
2011 Prem. 2.5i, 1999 Outback
258 Posts
+1
This is just another reason my next car will be a Subaru!

They always respond promptly to Subaru owners questions!

·
Registered
2020 Touring Onyx XT; 2014 Tribeca
401 Posts
This is exactly why I am on my 6th and 7th family subaru's, and hopefully in not too long our 8th.

·
Registered
2009 OBXT, 5MT, SWP
38 Posts
I am going through a rough bout with my Subaru right now (35 days in the shop, under warranty, but still 35 consecutive days) and this the kind of thing that I need to hear. I know it costs money to repair a car and keep a customer happy, but the dividends will far outweigh the cost when that customer spreads the word just as you have. I sure hope to have a similar story to tell.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6 Limited
213 Posts
I can vouch for Subaru Customer Service being top notch...based on my experiences with older Subaru's.

As far as the growth, yes we'll see what happens...they have grown by 25% sales in the past year alone.

I think the factory in Indiana can barely keep up, did not forecast this type of crazy growth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello John-

I recently purchased my first Subaru, and it is in need of these same clips. My local dealers parts department was not able to get them by themselves. Any way I could get a set?

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,063 Posts
Hello John-

I recently purchased my first Subaru, and it is in need of these same clips. My local dealers parts department was not able to get them by themselves. Any way I could get a set?
I suggest you contact Subaru customer service as iamokadave did. Hopefully you have a similar experience.

·
Registered
"16" OB 3.6 Twilight Blue / Ivory leather, pretty much loaded
18 Posts
Well here's to hoping that SOA is still customer satisfaction driven.
I dropped them an email this morning telling them I'm a 5 time repeat customer, just dropped a bundle on a new OB and how I had to wait since June to finally receive my OB this past week. I also expressed my disappointment that I did not seem to qualify for the 3 yrs of Starlink S&S that other regions of the country received and asked them to consider extending the courtesy to me as well.
Not sure they'll do it but thought it worth a try.

·
Registered
"16" OB 3.6 Twilight Blue / Ivory leather, pretty much loaded
18 Posts
So IMO, Subaru customer service continues to be top notch. One business day after asking for the 3 year comp for Star link they responded. Said they could not offer what I asked for but gave me a choice of one of the following. A prepaid service agreement for 6,12,18,& 24k miles or a $500 coupon for any service, accessory or maintenance purchase occurring within 1 yr of issuance. The car already has every option I could want and I already purchased the gold maintenance plan. I'll need to think this one through. To answer the question about customer service however,5 stars from me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts