Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started out replacing my stock 2.5L outback dash cluster with a H6 Liberty dash cluster. Can someone please give me instructions on how to rewire the cars wiring
lume. Its 2005 luxury addition outback and a 2005 liberty dash cluster. Many thanks

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
both automatics?

you might be out looking for a car just like yours,...as the new cluster you got it too different.

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,499 Posts
Won't work without substantial modification.

AFAIK Subaru tachometers do their own division internally, so a 6-cylinder tach will read 33% low in a 4-cyl car unless you build your own pulse translator to correct it.

This will also require reprogramming at a Subaru dealer because of the security system on the odometer and also for the immobilizer key.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,610 Posts
Assuming it's a BP/BL chassis, the cluster is "married" to the other modules in the car (ECU, BIU, ABS, etc). It will require reprogramming to even get it to talk to the rest of the car.

But, @rasterman I believe is correct: The cluster is pre-programmed for 6cyl tach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.