Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

Registered
Outback 2021 Premium 2.5L
The alert turns off eyesight, or the weather? TBH, I have a 2021, so some changes I am sure in the last two years and it has yet to turn off on me in snow or rain, day or night. I get that it will, but... and honestly, I would prefer being the one controlling the car in snow than letting it do it... and I used lane centering and adaptive cruise control constantly. I am a fan. But not in bad weather.

Registered
2019 Outback Premium
The alert turns off eyesight, or the weather? TBH, I have a 2021, so some changes I am sure in the last two years and it has yet to turn off on me in snow or rain, day or night. I get that it will, but... and honestly, I would prefer being the one controlling the car in snow than letting it do it... and I used lane centering and adaptive cruise control constantly. I am a fan. But not in bad weather.
I worded that poorly. We'll drive in a bad storm and get those incessant Severe Weather warnings, and due to the rain (or snow) Eyesight turns off. Idathunk that in severe weather/bad storms, Eyesight would be a huge help staying safe. Alas...

Registered
2021 White Outback Touring
I worded that poorly. We'll drive in a bad storm and get those incessant Severe Weather warnings, and due to the rain (or snow) Eyesight turns off. Idathunk that in severe weather/bad storms, Eyesight would be a huge help staying safe. Alas...
When the day comes that electronic and optic systems have the "cognitive" power of the human brain and eye combo , then and only then, could the manufactured systems be "totally relied upon.
Of course now the manufacturers are trying to aid the "human" system with it's failings such as inattention, drug and alcohol use and lack of sleep.
I for one, am glad these "aid" systems like eyesight and others shut themselves OFF in questionable conditions.
I am almost not believing the stupidity of some humans, when it comes to some cars like Tesla and others leading to these reported fatal crashes when they are "self driving".

61 - 63 of 63 Posts