Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'08 Veracruz Limited
3,992 Posts
We have almost a dozen Subie dealers in DFW, seems they've been expanding here already.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,621 Posts
We have almost a dozen Subie dealers in DFW, seems they've been expanding here already.
but we need more soob-centric indie mechs. In '03, there was only 2-3 dealerships in the metroplex area.

but, someone needs to learn a little about Texas geography;
Subaru's McHale says, "If you're buying a big truck in Texas, keep buying the truck — we're not the brand for you. But if you're looking for an all-wheel-drive vehicle that you can throw the dog in the back, the skis on the roof and go in the mountains on the weekend, I think they have some nice hills in Tennessee, too."

·
Registered
'08 Veracruz Limited
3,992 Posts
Reminds me of the first X Files movie where they showed the Dallas skyline in front of desert mountains. If only that were accurate, this wouldn't be such a painfully dull place to reside.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
572 Posts
I heard the NPR spot on the radio this morning. They need to start making Imprezas and Impreza platform cars in the US as well. Lafayette, IN is handling themselves pretty well covering the country. If demand keeps increasng they will have to do something

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
As posted elsewhere, electric or hybrid Subarus may be coming from Sweden to these shores...from the old abandoned Saab factory there....

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard the NPR spot on the radio this morning. They need to start making Imprezas and Impreza platform cars in the US as well. Lafayette, IN is handling themselves pretty well covering the country. If demand keeps increasng they will have to do something
Is Impreza doing that good. Is their sales numbers off the chart like the (gen4) OB and current gen Forester first came out?
If so, WOW... 3 Home-run in a row!

and then, There's Tribeca! :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Tribeca --gone.No more production, low sales. I read also that there might be a diesel in the future but unsure. The Forrester may be a hit or miss and have seen a few pictures of the '14 Outback and looks smoother and cleaner lines.

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tribeca --gone.No more production, low sales. I read also that there might be a diesel in the future but unsure. The Forrester may be a hit or miss and have seen a few pictures of the '14 Outback and looks smoother and cleaner lines.
They will not bring the diesel to North America unless they can pair it with a CT or AT.... MT Diesel is just not gonna sell here in NA.

My guess on the next gen Forester is NOT going to be as big a hit compared to current gen's Forester first year (MY2009).....But It will be successful, That 4EAT got to go (in the forester)... 2.0 CVT on the Forester with 34mpg, full time (Subaru's)AWD starting at $22K, a car that size.... There's gonna be lots of CRV, RAV4, Escape, Santa Fe converts! In fact, OB sales will probably get cannabalized (mainly due to the mpg diff btw the 2.5 and 2.0)

·
Registered
2008 subaru outback 2.5i
472 Posts
DFW has plenty of SUBI dealers... we don't need any more car dealerships here... they are taken over Texas is a Big Dodge and Ford State.. plenty of trucks here lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts