Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
This is powered by a Subaru engine. Subaru did not make lawn mowers to my knowledge. They made a variety of Power Products but sold a portion or all of the business to Yamaha in 2016 or 2017. Separately, I do have a genuine Subaru generator, RGV12100 (it is a beast). I also have a Ridgid pressure washer powered by a Subaru engine.

Small Engines | Pumps | Generators | Subaru Industrial Power

·
Registered
2015 3.6 Premium
1,156 Posts
Had a Subaru powered lawn mower made by Ryobi here in Australia. The engine was great but I hated the bloody thing so bad I sold it after 6 months. Very heavy and the the blades were recessed to high up in the cutting deck making it hard to push through the grass. On a side issue in 2009 the state I live in was hit by a fire storm 'Black Saturday' resulting in 180 deaths. Honda water pumps died due to oxygen starvation Subaru (Robin) engines kept going longer than the Hondas.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-190cc-subaru-4-stroke-lawn-mower_p3380820

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I work on many small gasoline engines. I can attest that the Subaru (Robin) engines are among the VERY BEST of the lot. (compared to the many Chinese-derived small engines)

The Subaru engines are not the easiest to work on due to chain-driven overhead cam working DIRECTLY on valves..... I am not even sure if Honda can match this design.

The Subaru engines are SOOOO reliable that they are among the rarest in the shop.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
687 Posts
I have the Yamaha branded Subaru power washer. That thing is awesome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts