Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knwo at all if there are ANY type of aftermarket accessory parts made for these model years? And who carries them.I am mainly looking for anything for headlights (whether gts/autoventshade) projectorz or blackouts headlight covers or just plain PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS/CLEAR HEADLIGHT (CORNER LIGHTS TO GET RID OF THE AMBER ON THE TURNING LIGTS) im looking allll over the internet and no one seems to carry ANYTHING for the legacy. everything is for wrx's or imprezas. Im desperate. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have you seen the chrome bar that fits on the rear tailgate that you use to pull the door down with?
It's a genuine Subaru in Australia and is about $100 USA.

Rainwater drip prevention strips for the tops of the doors is a good idea as well.
Rob.

·
Registered
78 Posts
OBW accessories

This post is for Losiho - what year is your Outback?

I love the wheel (fender) panels and the front nudge panel. Are these also standard accessories "down under"? I notice that the mud guards are missing though. Do they fit with the fender panels?

Any contact info on the accessories would be appreciated. Thanks,

Daniel S

·
Registered
26 Posts
i also want your finder moldings...wait you have to have the bumpers to match the /headlighs/sidemarkers i will pay dealer prices i just want a place to get those **** JDM parts.

PS do you have the red/clear split taillights? i want to get ride of that **** amber but the only aftermarket comp that makes them wants 800 for them so i hope subaru's part is cheaper.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My Outback is a 1999 car. This shape was introduced in this country in late 1998 (our cars are made in Japan).

These are the rear tail lights :

Mud guard - I think you mean mudflaps ? ;) (that's just our word). These were optional for my model year, they became standard later on. Personally, I hate ANY car with mudflaps, so I won't be adding them.

The front bumper guard is a Subaru accessory. I can't remember the price off the top of my head, I can check for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Guys,
The front "nudge bar" is/was a genuine Suby accessory. It was worth about $360 US at a guess on conversion BUT now Subaru don't advise its fitting on their cars anymore because of the possible hinderance to the opeartion of the dual airbag setup in a crash.

This info is straight from one of my service manager mates at a local Suby service centre. It might have been removed from availability now.......I'm not sure as I haven't enquired any further.
They do look nice though!

Later,
Rob.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The bumper guard is not on the accessory list for the current Outback. Personally, I don't think it would suit its styling anyway.

Not sure about the guard interfering with the airbag, it's buttery soft aluminium and plastic - I know because I had a moron gently reverese his car into mine :rolleyes: Luckily, it just lightly creased the alloy panel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just want your tail/head/sidemarker lights. any price new or used, after seeing what subaru puts out in japan i'm buying my next suby directly from jap, **** the US and their regulations on HP. haha

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Losiho--

are my eyes deceiving me or does your car sit a bit higher than US-spec models? kinda looks higher in the photos.

·
Registered
171 Posts
you can make those clear corners yourseldf cant you? Something like if you put the corners in the oven for 15 minutes, at some tempature, i think 100 degrees, and you can pull the reflectors right off.

-will

·
Registered
244 Posts
Karl is correct, the min. ground clearance for our Outbacks is 200mm. This is one of a few differences between ours and US spec models. Others include shorter diff ratios for autos, and max. engine torque lower down the rev range.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Losiho
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing