Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am thinking about buying a 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport tomorrow and I was wondering what categories I would look under for modifications. I was think that it would be under impreza because of the fact that it is am impreza outback, but I am not 100% sure and I want to be 100% sure because I want to mod this car and make it faster. Also, what would be some good websites for mods for this car? I am looking for engine/ecu/intake mods and things like that. Thanks!

·
Registered
'97 Outback stock - Well she was rolled 7/9/17 coming back from Savannah, Ga and totaled :-( Not I have an '07 Outback - not sure for how long though - would like an XT :-)
40 Posts
As in anything, it all depends on what you invision the Subie to look/act & handle like.

Most things with the NA (naturally aspirated) engines are 'what you see is what you get'. "Powerplants" like in the real world of WRX, and better yet - the STI, can make more power than you'll want to play with on the street. Transplants are accomplished in many different ways, and like you requested here's some sites to get you started (but please post back here to let us know what you're doing), Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum: RS25.com , Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com , Ultimate Subaru Message Board , (there are others, and hopefully someone will post more later).

You'll find more info than you might want, but be fair warned that research should come first (and alot), before questions are asked. Remember that it's YOUR vision, and desire to enhance your ride, and it's not someone elses build.

Good Luck,
Later, T.J.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts