Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased by 2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT from Subaru of Glendale, CA on Dec 31, 2019.

My sales person was Andrew Marilla who was actually a decent sales person. My pre-sales experience was fine. Andrew ordered a car to meet my requirements and kept me informed throughout the process.

I had a cash/check purchase and Omar in Finance requested to run my credit. In return I asked for a copy of my credit report and he agreed. When I got home to review my paperwork in detail, there was no copy of my credit report as I am entitled to by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I sent multiple emails to Jobe Atashi who never responded. Finally I received a call from Moe Norbakhsh who explained that they would not provide me a copy of my credit report due to 1) it is against their policy and 2) it would violate my privacy. Really?

I have filed complaints with the BBB and the FTC CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Board). This dealership violates the law and has no idea of customer service. I also filed a complaint with Subaru of America who are not providing any support either stating that they cannot get involved with dealer to consumer transactions.

Stay away from this dealership. Given their lack of customer service, I would never trust my car in their care. This is an unscrupulous, unethical and uncaring dealership.

Has anyone else had any recent experiences with this dealership?

·
Registered
260 Posts
For a cash/check purchase they ran a credit check? Most likely they did not, and that is why they cannot give you a copy. I bought a new 17 OB from a well known Chicago dealer, and a Nissan from another Chicago dealer in 2018. There were no credit checks in play at all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a cash/check purchase they ran a credit check? Most likely they did not, and that is why they cannot give you a copy. I bought a new 17 OB from a well known Chicago dealer, and a Nissan from another Chicago dealer in 2018. There were no credit checks in play at all.
They ran a credit check. They said they had to do it because I was writing a check and need to ensure I was credit worthy in case it bounced. They showed me the credit report and that's when I asked for a copy. While the Finance manager agreed to give me a copy, ultimately they did not. This is one Subaru dealer I will likely NEVER go back to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased by 2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT from Subaru of Glendale, CA on Dec 31, 2019.

My sales person was Andrew Marilla who was actually a decent sales person. My pre-sales experience was fine. Andrew ordered a car to meet my requirements and kept me informed throughout the process.

I had a cash/check purchase and Omar in Finance requested to run my credit. In return I asked for a copy of my credit report and he agreed. When I got home to review my paperwork in detail, there was no copy of my credit report as I am entitled to by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I sent multiple emails to Jobe Atashi who never responded. Finally I received a call from Moe Norbakhsh who explained that they would not provide me a copy of my credit report due to 1) it is against their policy and 2) it would violate my privacy. Really?

I have filed complaints with the BBB and the FTC CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Board). This dealership violates the law and has no idea of customer service. I also filed a complaint with Subaru of America who are not providing any support either stating that they cannot get involved with dealer to consumer transactions.

Stay away from this dealership. Given their lack of customer service, I would never trust my car in their care. This is an unscrupulous, unethical and uncaring dealership.

Has anyone else had any recent experiences with this dealership?
This dealership advertises "special low internet price" on new vehicle equal to MSRP! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts