Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m quite new here I’ve had my outback for about a year now and I’ve done a couple of upgrades to it like a full system exhaust with big bores, now I’m looking into the engine now! I’m just wondering if it is possible to turbo my stock H-4 engine? I’m also looking at some aftermarket rims just wondering what sizes etc I can play around with! Also for a intake system like an air filter just wanting to swap out that stock one and replace it with another one! Cheers! Also if you have any photos of you’re outback I would love to see them to get some ideas etc!! Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also looking at getting some different head lights going like the fog lights if anyone could send some links etc that would be great!!

·
Registered
2008 n/a 5 speed manual outback
66 Posts
Hey! I’ve done a lot of research on adding power to an na engine from this outback but most people say it’s pretty hard to get a lot of power increase without a lot of money

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,162 Posts
If you want a turbo Gen 3 Outback, the least expensive way to go is trade what you have for an XT model. You can find them locally on Craigslist or similar, and they also periodically come up for sale on these forums.

Buyer beware - a used turbo of this age and (likely) high mileage has to be purchased and cared for carefully.

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
396 Posts
www.legacygt.com is where you want to go if your serious about a XT. There's a ton of info on these cars there as they are basically the same car as the Legacy GT's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts