Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new 2018 outback premium with eyesight option just 5 days back. I was very happy with the car but suddenly yesterday i had a bad experience. i had parked my car under direct sunlight. Temperature should be around 90 degree F. After 2 hours when i started my vehicle, i saw that infortainment screen was blank though vehicle had started. It had blanked out for next half hour. I then parked my car in shade for an hour and then on starting the car, it became normal.I took my car to service and they didnt find anything wrong. they just did a hard reset. I am not sure if it will again behave same on kept under high temperatures. Did anyone experience same? i have posted pictures when it was blanked out and once it started coming back

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
671 Posts
I had mine blank out just like yours did. It just went blank. (with no screen saver or background screen) I hit the home button & it came back to life so I thought it had an inactivity time-out thing going on? or something. But it seems to be working fine now. I didn't think about the heat issue but I was in North Carolina at the time & it was only 85F so I'm not sure. When mine came back to life it went to the main home screen though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts