Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had bought my car new last year, and this is the second time the battery is dead. Road-side came in and suggested I need a new battery. I called subaru customer care and they are agreeing to reimburse the battery. Having battery issues in the past, I am looking for the best battery money can buy. Is there any suggestion?
- Optima Batteries 8020-164 35 RedTop Starting Battery - heard good things, but not sure if this one could be used for outback 2020, amazon product page seems to say it doesn't fit my vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
13,455 Posts
Optima batteries have gone down hill in quality since they moved production to Mexico and fired all the USA workers.

The best battery you can buy is a made in usa enersys odyssey AGM47 available from NAPA or direct or from other retailers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Optima batteries have gone down hill in quality since they moved production to Mexico and fired all the USA workers.

The best battery you can buy is a made in usa enersys odyssey AGM47 available from NAPA or direct or from other retailers:

Thanks @SilverOnyx, just to confirm is this the right battery size for the 2020 outback onyx (which I learnt from this forum to be of group size 47)? Or would I need any additional modifications on the battery tray?

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
13,455 Posts
It's a perfect drop-in fit. Correct size and dimensions.

Reactions: subaruonyxman
1 - 5 of 5 Posts