Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the second winter now, especially when it‘s cold and humid, the car jerks on occasions wether the engine is cold or hot. The RPM drops drasticaly and then back up to normal again. The car jerks sometimes quite hard, almost like a transmission problem. I am no mechanic but ot looks like an electrical or fuel injection problem. In winter time, I put in the fuel with highest octane most of the time. I always had the maintenance done at dealer (100%) since I bought the car but they cannot pinpoint the problem since there is no light that goes on when it happens and they get no message when they comnect their computer to the car. This happens randomly and of course... it never happens when I bring it to the dealer! it is actually scarry when it happens!

Can someone help me or guide me on that problem? Besides that, I love the car since I own it. It has 190k km on the meter but this problem is so anoying...

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last time you change your transmission fluid?
To be honnest... I don’t know! If it is part of the regular Subaru maintenance schedule, it was done by the dealer as per the schedule. I will check it out with them tomorrow. Thanks for your comment.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was told, yesterday, that SOA doesn't change trans fluid until at least 135k.

Seemed odd.. but it's what was said, fwiw

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told, yesterday, that SOA doesn't change trans fluid until at least 135k.

Seemed odd.. but it's what was said, fwiw

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
And I went through every single detailed bill since I bought the car... almost every time it says « verify fluid level in both differentials » but no fluid change found. 135k for you (I suppose it’s miles) is equal to 200 000 km+ for us so this should be done at my next inspection, i.e. 200,000 km (a major one)... I will bring it up anyway just to male sure!

Thanks for your comment.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,638 Posts
Don't wait. Get her done. You are too long in months. And whoever works at the stealership telling you how often they neglect 5eat needs a trip to the pokey. As they don't want you keeping your car.

·
Registered
'14 Premium Mileage=77K
61 Posts
Don't wait. Get her done. You are too long in months. And whoever works at the stealership telling you how often they neglect 5eat needs a trip to the pokey. As they don't want you keeping your car.
"stealership"...ha, I love it! So true most of the time.

I found a local Subie only shop near me. No one works on my car except me and them. They are good dudes, all own and love Subies, and know them better than stealerships...oh, and much cheaper.

If you can find a mechanic like that near you, I'd stop the stealership hassle.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts