Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder after a month we have the car we called Subaru won't reply our phone call.

I have an issue with the external Mirrors White LED Lights I can't find the way to turn it off .

Went to the setup there aren't any way to turn it off seem no one have an idea or don't care
There is an issue it can drain the battery if any these doors are let open the LED light will run all night if this is the case
I can turn off the front White LED lights when driving but not the external mirrors LED Lights

Thank You
D Renaud

·
Registered
3,399 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think these are the instructions to install mirrors like yours if purchased as an accessory. You could possibly either figure out which connector is to the bulb and disassemble your mirror and disconnect that lead, or find and remove the bulb.

Thank you for your advice I was thinking to remove a fuse Lol I think it's better remove the LED light from the external mirrors the obstacles it's to find the way how to open the external mirrors I will find it eventually.
Thank you

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
It appears that you carefully insert something (like a curved/bent plastic trim remover) and pry the mirror glass out, where it's held by 4 clips, and behind the mirror you will see the wiring. The instructions say screwdriver but if you use a screwdriver I'd at least cover it with masking tape or something, to prevent scratches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your advice I was thinking to remove a fuse Lol I think it's better remove the LED light from the external mirrors the obstacles it's to find the way how to open the external mirrors I will find it eventually.
Thank you
I saw the PDF but it ask to unplug the battery + or Negative I wonder if all Software will be removed in the console, and I need to go to the dealer to reconfigure the setup if you remove the battery all will be to reconfigure since I don't have the automatic closing mirrors it ask to add grease ? I don't see anything about LED replacement oh by the way there are bulbs to be replace later on since they have turn signals Halogen or LED I have an alert LED and beep in case if someone it's coming from the rear of the car on each sides of the mirrors seem I have three LED or Halogen bulbs
The white turn on with doors open and the turn signals, and the Alert signal by the way I replaced all three Halogene lamps cargo plus the two doors lamps by White LED I can see better now in the cargo area back of the car. maybe I have this equipped, connect heater terminals too.
I don't know now it's too hot in Las Vegas we have a 110 F in the afternoon the garage it's too hot inside now I let you know later if I got it open
thank you

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
The infotainment system has a battery in it to save settings when the engine battery is disconnected, so your radio stations, android auto and apple carplay phones, profiles, etc. should all still be there after the battery is re-connected.

I also put LED bulbs in my car - LED reverse lights are important as well, because of the dark privacy tint in the back of the car making it hard to see at night. I used the Auxito reverse light bulbs. There are other threads in this forum about various LED lights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seem removing the neutral cable on the battery won't affect the software setup. I will try if my wife won't see me opening themirror LOL
Thank you
D Renaud

1 - 7 of 7 Posts