• Troytdesigns

Votes: 15 10.9%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be no January Outback of the Month contest. Instead, 2021's previous winners battle it out for the glory to be named 2021 Outback of the Year! The only prize here is fame and an updated badge to reflect your victory over others. Voting will run throughout the month and a winner will be crowned on Friday, the 28th when the poll officially closes. Below are the previous winners. If any of them would like to post up WHY they should have your vote, I welcome them to the podium.

Good luck!

-Mike

April - @Numbchux

May - @SmokewagonXT

June - @Dave Hansford

July - @Marius Stanescu

August - @Bicyclelifestyle

September - @WillyBoi

October - @Jabrnet

November - @volcanogirl73

December - @Troytdesigns

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R Limited with Nav/Moonroof/RAB-Rear CrossTraffic Alert
213 Posts
Some serious adventurers here! Love all the Outbacks but June's really stands out to me. I know it's not new since the generation is clear from looking at it. But it looks brand new from the pics. And that's a dynamite red. Great maintenance of your subie, dude!

·
Premium Member
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
1,186 Posts
For anyone wanting to know more about my crash victim up there...here's my blurb from the original entry.

I bought it in 2014 with 133k miles on it, having been crashed and written-off (see "before" picture above). I fixed it up

This car moved most of our belongings when we bought our first home. Carried both of our children home from the hospital to that home. Taken us on many camping trips. Several trips to the local off road park. It's been to the High Rock Bay at the tip of the Keweenaw Peninsula in the UP of Michigan (about 8 miles of forest road). It carried my wife, first child (when she was about 14 months old) and I on a 3600 mile round trip from home in northern Minnesota to visit my in-laws in South Carolina. It's served as an evac vehicle for the National Ski Patrol at the American Birkebeiner.

I don't think I'll ever sell/scrap it...

Update since then:
It currently has about 260k on it, very nearly doubled what it had when we got it.

I bought a Baja for my wife (also a project, of course). When that's done, this car will be retired from daily driver life, likely lifted and only used offroad.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback XT (MT) & 2016 Subaru Outback Ltd
326 Posts
Some serious adventurers here! Love all the Outbacks but June's really stands out to me. I know it's not new since the generation is clear from looking at it. But it looks brand new from the pics. And that's a dynamite red. Great maintenance of your subie, dude!
But it has a steering wheel on the wrong side! :) hard to pick indeed but I am biased and will vote for one of them beautiful Gen 3.

Have fun everyone.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6r touring //// 2004 Wrx wagon 5mt SOLD
158 Posts
This will be a tough decision! I'll have to forget about the pictures of my Outback taken waaaaay up north in Minnesota on Mt. Josephine on the north shore. Literally had Canadian cell service.

·
Premium Member
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
1,186 Posts
This will be a tough decision! I'll have to forget about the pictures of my Outback taken waaaaay up north in Minnesota on Mt. Josephine on the north shore. Literally had Canadian cell service.
Yep, my Outback has been there, too. The lookout up on 61, and the unplowed trailhead at the bottom.

Some good friends of ours got engaged on top of Mt Rose, in January.

Reactions: Cotts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premier 2.5i
1,421 Posts
The month and winner names are so close to the thumbnail pics for the winner above that I voted for the wrong one.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
8,981 Posts
The month and winner names are so close to the thumbnail pics for the winner above that I voted for the wrong one.
I just tried to fix this with an edit to the post, but it seems that when you link the photos out of the gallery, it randomly throws in several <new line> characters between the last text and the image that's linked. If you could just PM the @administrator both with who you voted for, and who you wanted to vote for, I'm sure he would be happy to adjust the totals with this change before declaring the winner.

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just tried to fix this with an edit to the post, but it seems that when you link the photos out of the gallery, it randomly throws in several <new line> characters between the last text and the image that's linked. If you could just PM the @administrator both with who you voted for, and who you wanted to vote for, I'm sure he would be happy to adjust the totals with this change before declaring the winner.
So fun fact on this. Xenforo does not allow for vote manipulation...unless you CLEAR all the votes or modify via the DB. So to correct this, I shall just give an extra vote via my account to even things out. Not exactly scientific, but it will work for now.

-Mike

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5 // 2009 OBXT 5MT - R.I.P.
477 Posts
I miss my XT. This was way too easy of a decision for me 🤣.

·
Registered
2012 OB Limited 3.6Rrrrr
181 Posts
Some really nice outback's this past year. It made it hard to choose just one. In my book they all should win ride of the year.
Indeed... be great if could do at least a #1, #2, and #3... especially for a year's worth!

LOL I honestly had to flip a coin to battle for which of two final finalists I would choose.

Some beautiful machines, showing LOTS of dedication, love, WORK, and enjoyment.

Gives me many ideas and inspirations... many kudos to all herein :cool:

Reactions: Optimus8304
1 - 14 of 14 Posts