Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Outback EJ25
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Hello Everyone!

Bare wit me as my English isnˇt perfect.

It was Time to get a new Car so was searching and searching throw the Web. A friend gave me a good Advice to look for s as they are good Value, so stayed on that for a Few Days and had 2 that were in my Price range.
First one was a Blue one that after checking the roadworthy was off the list. So Drove 200 km to the Main City in Estonia witch is called Tallinn. As Upon the arrival of the agreed location the owner had to go home for a Girlfriend emergency so we met up at another place.

As People in Tallinn are in a Rush 24/7 he arrived with some speed. Luckely that didnˇt throw me off because the car Looked from all of the Road dirt as it was Winter time under neath Polished and waxed. So 1 Positive point there. But still question was why was it like that? Answer coming soon!
Had a small Test Drive witch was really Surprisingly good. No wobbling nor weird Noises. Gears where good and solid. So had a Chat wit the owner.

The 2 Generation was Bought originally from Estonian Dealer. That gives us the 2 Positive Point and the Case was that The Current Owner had left hes to Service for a big Maintenance job and Bought the Gray one for Transportation. So all explained right there! Also Added couple of Positive points
So got a little bit off from the sale and Headed Home with excitement and a full :grin2: Hehee

Same night upon arriving to my Home Town had a good Pressure wash to assess the situation that i got myself in to and it was quite a site to see what was hidden from all the Road and winter Dirt.

:surprise::grin2:

Specifications
Model: /Legacy BE/BH AWD
Engine: EJ25 110KW
Exterior: 2 Tone Silver Trim Code 010 Color 1U2
Interior: 2 Tone Interior with Full Gray Seat
First Registration: 2003

As i am a Fan of Motul oil My hase been running all the time on Motul 6100 Synergie+ 10w40 Plus oil Filter. Runnes like a Camp for 1,5 yrs now.
Had Right Side Brake Blocking and changed on both side the Brake Bads. Problem solved!

Soon to be Continued!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
your thread title suggests you got a EZ30D powered car there. but it is a EJ251

and a rather nice looking one at that.

Reactions: patrikman

·
Registered
2003 Outback EJ25
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your thread title suggests you got a EZ30D powered car there. but it is a EJ251

rather nice looking
Yesterday i was writing the Story before 2 in the Morning and had to write it again as the Copy Paste method Killed my first Story at the end of it. :crying: So Started all over again. Got to make the second one a bit finer. Some mistakes still are in it.
To Clear Up it was meant to say Version 3 as it is My Third Car.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
1,907 Posts
looks too clean man. really were is rust ? haha . estonia must have same rust on cars as lithuanians do no ? :D
but on serious note looks great. good colors too. front looks like from H6 . but maybe because 2003 .so its newer look.
what will you do with it ? i mean any modifications ? or just shopping car ? . they do drive nice in city sure .

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
fixed thread title.

I notice the flares under the front doors, what years did they put those on the european models? (I guess that acts like a super mud flap)

·
Registered
2003 Outback EJ25
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lets Continue,

Changes
Started with the license Plates. Looked like they have been in a war

So got two new plates for 20 Euros and was Good to go.
Some mods and a Fresh Protection it looked Great.

And also found a Buddy for the Sub. Sure Looks good with the Fog Light Guards.

Had a quick Polish. But was wierd because ( i am guessing here ) at the dealers someone had used some sort of grease polish to just Puff it up witch didnˇt want to come off. It filled the Pad right up and didnˇt come off. But turned out Awesome. Added Mequiars Gold Class Premium Carnauba Plus Wax and called it a night.

Had to change a few bulbs and a must is to get new Wipers. Done!
Back Tale Gate had Damaged panel that upon Searching the web ( had no luck ) started to Fix the current one.

What to you Do if you cant get hold of original Parts - Answer: Stupid stuff >:)

Didnˇt know that there where a model from Japan that had almost the same lines as we did on mine.
But that was only in Option as a Plastic Cover.
JDM Legacy Blitzen

·
Registered
2003 Outback EJ25
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Flares under the Front Doors where an Extra Design for the Last Models what came out from the Factory for Europ ( Thatˇs what i think ). Looks Dope if you Ask Me.

The Car it Self is Bought for a Daily Driver! So no Big Project was in Mind. But as Time goes by the Outlaw hase been a Real Champion and have Grown Very Fond it. Nothing Bothers me to Be Honest. Its very well Designed as Inside and Out.

If I Would Keep It then Would like to Upgrade the Motor and Make a Sleeper out of it. + Design the Interior Completely ( Cover all there is ). . As it hase only Small Rust spots it Would need Minimal Effort on that Part,
Clean and Cover the Underside of the car with sum sort of Bodyliner to protect it from the Elements. Make a new Motor Cover Underneath.
Add a Spoiler,
Change Side Mirrors for Newer models,
Modify Front Bumper and Also the Grill,
Modify the Front Lights,
Window Tint it with slightly Darker 3M Film
Change all the Glasses Except what is in the Back RH & LH and leave the Roof untouched.
Make a full Sound system with Two 10 or 12 inch Woofers Under Front Seats ( All ready have sound Proofed The Roof, all the Doors as well as the Tailgate part, so needed is only the Floor ).
And some Other Cool stuff that hase been going on my Mind.

But thats all if I Keep it.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
1,907 Posts
so those flares not in other Euro spec outbacks ? i don't see any diff from others euro .

·
Registered
2003 Outback EJ25
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thought to get going late in the Evening again. So lets move on!

Next came Wheels Upgrade where i got some from Menzari 16´
Had some decent Thread on it
Not the Biggest Difference but Made it to Work.

Custom Painted all the Rims and Caps to

·
Registered
2003 Outback EJ25
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Continue,

So as you all see Its more Show then Talk Thread but thats how i like things. You can talk how much you want but in the end What you Do Maters!
What we say here is- The Show Must Go On
So Did the First Big Mod --

Covered All the Doors and the Roof ( + Tailgate & all Pillars ) with Sound Installation Stp Gold Bulk. The same stuff As Dynamat.
Doors have now covered inner Wall and outer wall From the Inside! And few pieces Around the Speaker Grill on the Door Panel. Only Thing is missing Is the Floor. But the Real Reason why it all Started was do to the Speaker in the front that was Broken and didnˇt do eny noise at all. So why not to all at once :wink2:

Replaced the Original Door Speaker from Clarion To Alpine SPG - 17 C2
Make Dissent Sound with the Tweeters. Is still Okay But am looking for Upgrade with Two 10 inch Underseat Subwoofers and Selling These Speakers to get New ones With more Serious and Clear Sound.

To get it Fit 100% took out the Hole old speaker from the Frame and used that as a Center to get all aligned. Soldered all Wires together and of we go.
As the old Stereo was in bad Shape and started to make low Klicking noise when changeing the Volume, Choose To Go with Alpine again.

And the New Alpine UTE-92BT. Love it to do the Simplicity and the Rich Rainbow Color variations and also the Volume klick what was annoying. Because the old unit was Apline it had all the right connections and it was just Blug and Play.
Still Choose the Green Theme

·
Registered
2003 Outback EJ25
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is more :grin2:!

Lets move on shall we.
Had to Make a Life Changing Decision and Moved to Beautiful Sweden as i Got a Invitation to Work as an Upholsterer in a Car Factory. Great People, Gorgeous Countryside, Delicious Food and off Course Lots of Petrol Heads :laugh:
Reminds me of Estonia.:laugh:
Itˇs Very Similar but Still Little Bit Different. Language is Odd and Comes with Time ( Easier if you Know English and German by Hart ). Have liked the Country since then.

Had to Park Next to a Real Classic that Defines Sweden. Volvo ( Amazon ) of Course Witch was the Main Car That was Sold for over Half a Century and According to BBC just over 20% of All Cars on Swedish Roads are Volvos.

After the Winter got New Feet Covers. Had Couple of STI options and That would Look Nice as well but Went for Something Let say Fresher Look. :5:

18´OZ Aristo VW Golf 4 R32 Original Rims that a WV Fanatic sold me.
Bolt circle: 5x100
ET: 38
With: 7,5
Nav: 57.1
Tires: Achilles ATR Sport 225/40/18 M+S Tires(Approx 5-6 mm still around).

Until then Drive Safe and Enjoy your Four by Fours :smile2:
Small Teaser for next time -

·
Registered
2001 OBW Base H-4 2.5L Auto
57 Posts
I love everything about this car, you have a great eye and real talent with paint! Also that Volvo is gorgeous! Enjoy Sweden it's a amazing place with awesome people :)

·
Registered
2003 Outback EJ25
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers Firstimesubie01

Hey Hey from Sweden,
The next Agenda was the Trunk as it was not closing the Handel and Got Stuck.
Talk about rust :|

Took that Sucker Out and Did Sandplasting on it with the Fog light Surroundings that Where Almost the same.
Some Zink, Black Color and Lacquer. For Paint Protection I but some Thin Rubber Under the Peace.
Where the Hinge itself Moves there is a Hole witch Lets all the Outside Air & Moisture inside The interior. The Rubber Covered that perfectly.
2 new Led-s and to Finish it all, with new Bolts as Previous had No Life on them. No Suprise there!

Front Fog Lights
Some time back was Driving From Gothenburg ( 200 km Away ) Behind some Traffic witch Was a Good Drive but a Small Part of the Highway had Awkwardly some Stones around. That time i was in the Wrong time at the Wrong Place and i Also Noticed as the Rock hit it so Got a Used one After that.
These where a Pain to Remove. Had rusted Bolts there also.
Needed to Drill thous Out and Refreshed the Threads.

These then had the same Treatment as the Trunk.
So now Both sides got Renovated + Added Paint Prodection Film on the Glasses. After i Covered one of the Glasses i Saw that it Took Some of the Smaller stone Hits away :grin2: and Finished the other Side too.

Here You can See Exactly the Difference
Left One is Covered with Protection Film

For Now will End it With a Resent Picture from the PhotoShoot.
The FogLight Guards makes a big Difference if you Ask me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.