Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 80 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,107 Posts
nice photos. I love the look of this gen so much more than the last gen - Im so glad I was able to skip that whole generation from my current to next OB.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Might not be all of them, only certain ones shipped in a specific period.
ON THURSDAY, SEPT 5TH WAS TOLD THAT DEALER COULD NOT DELIVER BECAUSE OF MANUFACTURERS NOTICE TO SUSPEND DELIVERIES. THE DEALER HOPES TO KNOW MORE BY MONDAY, SEPT 9TH. DEALER SAID HE HAS NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHY DELIVERIES SUSPENDED.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just visited the dealer I ordered my 2020 Touring XT. The sales manager told me they received a notice from Subaru that 2020 Outbacks are not to be sold because of a potential issue with a loose screw on the brake pedal. Subaru was coming out to inspect all 2020 models before they can be driven and delivered.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Congrats on your new order! What color did you get? Thanks for clarification on the quality check.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just visited the dealer I ordered my 2020 Touring XT. The sales manager told me they received a notice from Subaru that 2020 Outbacks are not to be sold because of a potential issue with a loose screw on the brake pedal. Subaru was coming out to inspect all 2020 models before they can be driven and delivered.
Odd given that we drove several at various dealers around here within the last few days, drove away with one day before yesterday, and another sales guy called earlier today asking if we wanted to come in to test drive one today. I know that ours was right off the truck with little if anything done to it and it's the first one that they sold. I'd hope that if there were some problem with a system like the brakes somebody somewhere would have contacted us.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,347 Posts
Well, I am going to test drive an Onyx XT on Tuesday, wish me luck :)

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic
726 Posts
Sold one sitting on the lot at nearest dealership to me. Can confirm hold is because of a bolt on the brake pedal. Inspectors coming to check all 2020 models and give thumbs up before leaving lots. Not many out there yet.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Premium w/Eyesight package #14
355 Posts
Odd given that we drove several at various dealers around here within the last few days, drove away with one day before yesterday, and another sales guy called earlier today asking if we wanted to come in to test drive one today. I know that ours was right off the truck with little if anything done to it and it's the first one that they sold. I'd hope that if there were some problem with a system like the brakes somebody somewhere would have contacted us.
I would call SOA Customer line and clarify. It's hard to know the real story online - and I wouldn't trust your salesman to know or even be able to give you accurate information - they are the bottom of the food chain regarding information.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Subaru concierge told me cars would arrive this coming week. On Friday I went to the dealer and was given an early October date due to "inspection". Hope it doesn't take that long. I put 1000 down to hold the VIN of a blue Onyx thats coming in.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
1,917 Posts
There must be some truth to this.
I just called my dealer (Portland area), and was told over the phone that they have two 2020 Outbacks on the lot, but are not allowed to sell them or test drive them, because of a "Q&A hold" by Subaru, or something close to that wording.

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT.
410 Posts
There must be some truth to this.
I just called my dealer (Portland area), and was told over the phone that they have two 2020 Outbacks on the lot, but are not allowed to sell them or test drive them, because of a "Q&A hold" by Subaru, or something close to that wording.
Yep. Plenty of confirmation from a variety of sources.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
That salesman is in idiot.
That salesman was a very nice gentlemen that hung around after quitting time to proudly show me the new cars on his lot...this was after I told him i lived 400 miles away.
He certainly is not an idiot...just an honest, helpful , considerate man treating me with respect.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Columbus, OH dealer with 30, 2020 Outbacks as of today wont allow test drives or sales. Stated they hoped to be able to in 3-4 weeks. ?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Crap, why so long to check torque? :cry:
exactly. there was a thread awhile ago about whether we should be worried about QA on the Gen 6. Consensus among all the dealers and salesmen on here was that these forums are an echo chamber and Suby owners are a lot more "particular" and tinkerers than owners of other brands. and that were just being overly critical. But this is definitely not normal and a bad sign. 4-8 weeks for a screw seems fishy. in seattle, which is a subaru stronghold with several major dealerships, each of them has one onyx on the lot for people to kick the tires of and about about 30 2020 vehicles "in transit." oh, and the 19's are just about sold out.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
77 Posts
exactly. there was a thread awhile ago about whether we should be worried about QA on the Gen 6. Consensus among all the dealers and salesmen on here was that these forums are an echo chamber and Suby owners are a lot more "particular" and tinkerers than owners of other brands. and that were just being overly critical. But this is definitely not normal and a bad sign. 4-8 weeks for a screw seems fishy. in seattle, which is a subaru stronghold with several major dealerships, each of them has one onyx on the lot for people to kick the tires of and about about 30 2020 vehicles "in transit." oh, and the 19's are just about sold out.
You're right, it does seem awfully long to check or replace a tiny screw! I wonder, don't they check things over before it leaves the factory?! This would save dealers wanting to sell cars; and customers wanting to buy aggravation.
The positive of all of this is that it will be corrected before people receive their cars. At least SOA caught the issue and are making sure it gets fixed.

I wonder if this will now this will delay delivery dates for people that ordered. I need my car before winter! I'm glad I ordered in early August, because November delivery seems like a long wait. I just hope we don't have a early snow storm!

On the flip side, because of this issue; maybe they will really ramp up production because people will be anxious to get their orders and then, maybe people will get their cars earlier than estimated?

61 - 80 of 370 Posts