Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can help me out here I'd much appreciate it. My buddy is building a website for a project based on Subaru. He needs a history on Subaru Rally Heritage. Does anyone know of a good site that has a pretty detailed history of Subaru in Rally? He's been to all the Subaru ones and none really helped. Any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Legacy Outback
76 Posts
You might've seen this one:

http://www.subaru-global.com/about/history/1990-001.html

Or not.

Here's a sample of the text:

Here, we will take a look at the impressive records of Subaru cars that competed in the World Rally Championship (WRC), including the way they conquered the Manufacturers' championship three years in a row for 1995, 1996, and 1997. The WRC is a motorsport in which cars based on commercially available models vie with each other under a variety of conditions around the world, including paved, gravel, and icy/snowy roads. Subaru participates in the WRC because it wants to prove the potential of the cars built on the concept of "Active Driving, Active Safety," and because it can collect and analyze valuable data from torturous driving conditions and feed the results back into its mass-produced vehicles. As the first Japanese manufacturer of automobiles to win the Manufacturers' championship three years in succession, Subaru will continue to tackle the WRC so that its cars can constantly evolve.

In 1990, the first year that Subaru fully participated in a WRC, it took part in the WRC's most groueling rally, the 38th Safari Rally. Subaru entered five Group-A specification Legacy cars and one Group-N specification Legacy car. At

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot; I'll pass this information along. When he gets the site up and running, after it's been graded for his GD class, I'll post the link here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts