Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday my wife accidentally locked our 22 month old son in the car, along with her purse (and keys). Unfortunately I've been away on business this week...

She called our local dealership to get the Subaru roadside assistance program phone number and our dealer stated that Subaru does not have a roadside assistance program?!!?

Instead she called the police, who were luckily able to open the door before our son spazed out; however, I'm really concerned that Subaru doesn't have a roadside assistance program anymore. That was a major motivator in purchasing a new Outback. If it still exists, then our dealer is clueless about an important safety program (which we needed in an emergency), which even more disturbing.

-Michael

·
Registered
2012 4LT Centennial Edition Grand Sport Corvette convertible
496 Posts
The phone number is on a sticker on the driver's side window on my 2013.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it was ever installed on our window, because I've never seen it... I think we have it in the owners manual (which of course, is kept in the glove box).

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5i Limited w/ Moonroof
1,542 Posts
Yup. Sticker in the lower right hand corner of the driver's door window. Our salesman spent some time going over the Roadside Assistance package. He told us that it was a requirement for him to do that, so the dealership got high marks in Subaru Customer Satisfaction surveys.

It is hard for me to imagine why your dealership would have told your wife that there is no Roadside Assistance.:(

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
IIRC there's also a punch-out business card in the owner's manual packet that has the Roadside Assistance information, probably dealership contact info too. It's meant to be kept in your wallet in situations such as this.

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,567 Posts
It is hard for me to imagine why your dealership would have
told your wife that there is no Roadside Assistance.:(
I imagine that "the dealership" seldom talks on the phone.
Mrs. OP probably had the misfortune of talking to a member
of the Idiot Brigade garrisoned at every US businesse.

Looby

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
186 Posts
Mrs. OP probably had the misfortune of talking to a member
of the Idiot Brigade garrisoned at every US business.

Looby
+1

It's so hard to find good help these days...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts