Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the car doesn’t have starlink safety plus does the SOS button still works or it just doesn’t won’t do automatic collision notification anymore ..

Mine subscription is due for renewal figuring out to renew it or let it expire..

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,722 Posts
If the car doesn’t have starlink safety plus does the SOS button still works or it just doesn’t won’t do automatic collision notification anymore ..
SOS will not work ... manual or automatic ... if you don't have an active subscription.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Outback w/Eyesight, Venetian Red Pearl
299 Posts

Mine subscription is due for renewal figuring out to renew it or let it expire..
Yes, Safety Plus needed but not Security Plus. I accidently hit the "SOS" button while trying to turn on the overhead console light but it gave me the ability to cancel the call before picking up. I was waiting for the red lights, sirens, and helocopters to arrive but thankfully nothing happened! :wink2:

·
Registered
2017 3.6R, Ice Metallic Silver
37 Posts
I got the email that they were going to auto renew my STARTLINK for full price. I didn't like that idea, but at least the sent a notice and didn't just do it.

I called the number given to cancel the auto renew and was given a SEVERE HARDSELL to keep it; all the way to it only costs the amout of a cup of coffee a day (if you spend $10.97 a day on coffee.)

The most irritating part is they were completely unwilling to negotiate a lower price (2nd year of ownership) and they would not cancel the auto renew over the phone at the time. They said I had to wait until the day until it expires or THEY WOULD CANCEL IT RIGHT THEN AND THERE and refund me the difference left. What a bunch of total BS.

I told them to cancel it.

I did a little searching and found that I could very, very easily get 50% off: https://slickdeals.net/f/11125219-subaru-starlink-50-off#commentsBox

Subaru starlink 50% off code.
Code: STARLINK9

You can even go in and use it twice (or more) and purchase multiple years at half price.

Great customer service Subaru. Extremely obnoxious hard sell tactics and obvious room to move. Real [email protected]#$% move!

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited 3.6R
75 Posts
So I have a question for people about this. How do we feel about this service? I am thinking about upgrading to the to the TARLINK Safety Plus and Security Plus. Would really like to hear what people have to say about this?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok have the upgraded service besides SOS service don’t see that much value in it .

Wish it had other features remote start from the app or sending destination to the car . Tried to cancel my service it got renewed automatically need to call again .

To me it sucks that you need to have upgraded Startlink for SOS to work ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.