Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an e-mail from SOA last week, then paper version arrived earlier this week.

Claims takes 30 minutes to do this, and to do so "as soon as possible".

Anyone done it yet and know how long it really takes? Can I wait a few more weeks and get scheduled service at the same time?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It's not a super critical update. I'm not sure how long mine took, my OB was in for a few days for some paint chip repairs and they did it while it was there.

If I didn't have to go in for the paint I would have waited until my next scheduled service.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I was considering not doing it.

The whole thing seems stupid to me. If you are so ignorant that you don't know something is wrong when the temp light either stays on or flashes at you...

Do we really need the check engine light to come on if the engine stays cold or starts to overheat. Do we really need that? "Well, I just keep driving because the 'check engine light' never came on so I figured everything was fine."

It's people like that who caused this recall that make the "Christmas lights" come on and cruise control shut off when the gas cap isn't tight and make gauges go away and "idiot lights" the new standard.

Errrrr!!!!

Whew.

Thanks, I feel better now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't notice the other thread. Interesting they didn't contact me until a few weeks after everyone else. Either they thought I was smart enough not to need to be one of the first ones in for this, OR THEY WANT ME TO DIE!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Had mine done during my last service.

Living in California I was told that I would not be able to register my car until the service was completed.

When I received my car I was also given paperwork to give to DMV if asked.

Joel

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
199 Posts
I got my letter in the mail last week, then 2 calls from the dealership regarding the letter. I called back and they told me I needed to get it done immediately. "What?" I asked if i could get it done during my next oil change, they said "yes". I said "great, see you in about 5500 miles." Click.

·
Registered
16,295 Posts
Didn't notice the other thread. Interesting they didn't contact me until a few weeks after everyone else. Either they thought I was smart enough not to need to be one of the first ones in for this, OR THEY WANT ME TO DIE!!!
I doubt it. There's a WCQ-39 thread over on NASIOC where members report receiving the letter over an extended time frame. Subaru might be sending out the notices in steps, perhaps not to overload the dealers. This isn't a safety related issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
plain OM
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing