15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CKE SSP Gen4 Little Boy Bushings

The 2010-2012 Legacy based vehicles all came with a 24mm front sway bar. 2.5, 2.5GT, 3.6 ... they all have a 24mm front bar. The popular upgrade, one of them is the 19mm rear bar kit.

Well once you are there. You need more reactive rubber to get the benefit from that new rear bar. The new RSB acts with greater force on the front. CKE SSP will be offering a performance upgrade front and rear bushing kit designed from the OEM style bushings. My castings are superior to other aftermarket styles, they are a direct copy of the OEM rubber. Plus, there are no other aftermarket styles.

Kits will be offered as well as individual front and rear separates.

I am currently looking for rear 19mm bar beta testers...

Attachments

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CKE SSP Gen4 Big Boy Bushings

The 2012-2014 Legacy based vehicles got a 26mm front sway bar for 3.6 ...The popular upgrade for this car and the 2015\, is the 20mm rear bar kit. The 20mm rear upgrade works for Foresters and Crosstek as well.

Well once you are there. You need more reactive rubber to get the benefit from that new rear bar. The new RSB acts with greater force on the front. CKE SSP will be offering a performance upgrade front and rear bushing kit designed from the OEM style bushings. My castings are superior to other aftermarket styles, they are a direct copy of the OEM rubber. Plus there are no other aftermarket styles.

Kits will be offered as well as individual front and rear separates.

I am currently looking for rear 20mm bar beta testers...

Attachments

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,185 Posts
Neat.

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope to be picking up the 2015-2018 front and rear bar OEM bushings today. These last (2) from Gen6/5 will probably round out my development for a while.

The whole idea with this venture is to produce performance parts for unrecognized and unsupported models. It is possible, I may look into some BRZ or Crosstek applications. I don't know much about how folks mod those cars. For example ... the 2010 LGT sedan can go for an aftermarket Perrin 22mm rear bar. This bar comes with bushings. (but there is no upgrade whatsoever for the front, so my bushings help the stock front bar. However the Crosstek uses the same 20mm rear bar upgrade as the Gen6/5 Leggy/OB. Stock rubber bushings tho.

Bushings, reinforcement brackets and inserts are light installs, all being less than an hour. The sway bar bushing installs are more like 15 min. Heck, some folks have turned the trans insert into a 10 min job by by raising the transmission in place, stretching the hole, and installing the inserts by hand. I want to concentrate on inexpensive, easy upgrades that cost the consumer very little brain damage.

The end game is to be retailing these products through an online webstore or ebay pages. I don't expect to be peddling them on the many different forums. However, since this place is my home (feels like it) I figured I would start my exposure here. If I can get a few into some hands here, then I the good word will spread.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,423 Posts
anyone that drives a crosstrek does not mod anything.
I although I am sure there is one or 2 people out there that dumped WRX drivetrain and all its parts into one.
edit: or easier done: a crosstrek suspension added to lift on a WRX.

legacygt.com has enthusiastic modders that LOVE to buy performance parts, :blingblin
even expensive used things from Francine. (because I started a thread over there linking back to here,....that guy with the all black LGT sedan with hideous red rally armours signed up over here to find those used parts).

SO what if a 1/3 or 1/2 or 2/3 of your future sales come from legacygt.com members that are not on subaruoutback.org (or on here very little).

so this is your main corner. and LGT.com is your occasional corner. its a big internet, you don't have to park the virtual taco truck in one place.
(taco trucks are mobile,...virtual ones,...you could have a fleet,....no need to even walk between them)

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so this is your main corner. and LGT.com is your occasional corner. its a big internet, you don't have to park the virtual taco truck in one place.
A little drop in one day on USMB is also in the mix. Once I get a little traction, if I gain any traction ... I will cast a large net.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,185 Posts
anyone that drives a crosstrek does not mod anything.
Challenge accepted!

...in like 5 years or so when I'm shopping for a new used car again baring catastrophe.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,423 Posts
Challenge accepted!

...in like 5 years or so when I'm shopping for a new used car again baring catastrophe.

@Brucey "had" one,....I am thinking he was drinking too much of the local WV water at the time.....

I guess if you really want to mod one of those,...eventually you will trade it for a Legacy, a Outback,...or a forester.

(maybe mod the front seats on the forester).

...get rich quick scheme # 4298,....make Denver area Forester seats nice to sit on for more then 45 minutes in a stretch. (new foam, reskinning,).

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Premium, Crystal Black Silica, Pkg 15
1,381 Posts
I wish you good luck in your business venture!

Can you tell me why the OEM bushings aren’t as good or viable as these? Is there some type of inherent flaw in the design? I am ignorant.

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish you good luck in your business venture!

Can you tell me why the OEM bushings aren’t as good or viable as these? Is there some type of inherent flaw in the design? I am ignorant.
You are certainly NOT ignorant. There is nothing wrong with the OEM bushings, no flaws whatsoever. They are just a softer 50-60 shore hardness/durometer. This means the ride is compliant for both comfort and moderate performance.

If folks are upgrading rear sway bars with STI bars then why not upgrade the bushings as well. The bushings I am producing are a 80 shore hardness/durometer. A completely stock car can benefit for a harder bushing. The bushing helps transfer the "anti-sway" forces to the chassis. A more direct, quicker acting bushing transfers the forces more effectively. Folks with STIs upgrade to Perrin bars with a similar harder bushing.

I am just fabrication them in the OEM stock sizes for chassis platforms that the current aftermarket companies don't support.

I will tell you this. You strap a set of these in front and rear...and you are going to handle high speeds, cross winds and long sweepers ... with more confidence. The car will feel more stable.

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Full Big Boy Set Up

I have a local test mule who just accepted the 20mm RSBB. He is also testing the front 26mm so there is a full set in this car. I went for a fairly high speed ride through some twisties with him driving. From the passenger seat the car feels pretty tight.

2014 OB w/ES on snow tires.

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,423 Posts

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
eyesight? on a 14? and wow is it hot there (all over the west)...snow tires must be liquefying.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/denver-co/80203/november-weather/347810?monyr=11/1/2017
It might be a '13, I think '14 tho. And yes, eyesight. I wanted to make sure I headed off the question if CKE SSP performance products would mess with ES. Uh....No.

The weather? Yeah I have been running the A/C in the car all week. D*mn mile high sun. I am still running the Conti-EC DWS...No studs yet.

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another new product gets birthed from a mold.

Deep Forest Green for the stock 21mm 2015-2018 Legacy based chassis front sway bar performance bushings.

I am currently looking for (2) beta testers.

Attachments

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have decided on the pricing for the CKE SSP sway bar bushing i have been making so much noise about.

Front $34.50 (all sizes)

Rear $29.50 (all sizes)

I don't have my Ebay pages for these up yet. I also don't have my buddy with the webstore hooked up yet either. I want to post a comprehensive vehicle fitment list with each. The cool thing is, they still have the factory part number to fitment is an easy cross reference.

If anyone is interested in the meantime, please feel free to PM or email me (in my signature)

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Attachments

1 - 20 of 384 Posts