Subaru Outback Forums banner

361 - 380 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
All Subarus have a hard exhaust strap connected to the transmissions. When the insert is installed...you pick some engine/exhaust vibration. I run an 85d insert in Frank and I had to put a chunk of rubber between the strap and the transmission to quell the buzz. I have a 3" full AVO performance exhaust...so there is more rumble than stock.

BTW, starting 2010 all Outback have rubber isolators on that hard strap already.

Thank You so much for the feedback
I would say longer bolts are not needed. Just some finessing and ratcheting and the bolts will sit super snug.

I notice another rumble from the engine at around 1.8k rpm at high speed. So 1.1-1.2k at low speed (city limits) and 1.8k at higher speeds (freeway speed). @traildogck, is there any way to reduce the rumble without taking off the insert? I love the benefit of the insert and it has improved the driving comfort of the car alot (reducing driveline lash and unncessary movement) and I don;t mind the rumble. I'm just asking in case the wife complains about it. LOL

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
I would say longer bolts are not needed. Just some finessing and ratcheting and the bolts will sit super snug.

I notice another rumble from the engine at around 1.8k rpm at high speed. So 1.1-1.2k at low speed (city limits) and 1.8k at higher speeds (freeway speed). @traildogck, is there any way to reduce the rumble without taking off the insert? I love the benefit of the insert and it has improved the driving comfort of the car alot (reducing driveline lash and unncessary movement) and I don;t mind the rumble. I'm just asking in case the wife complains about it. LOL
Hmm...maybe something like this ....

I just cut a chunk off a old radiator hose (Hmmm, you are going to have one of those) and sandwiched it between the hanger and the transmission casting. Drilled a couple of holes for the bolts. Simple Redneck Engineering. I told myself I would develop a urethane pad, so I didn't have to use some janky scab.

But, it appears I must have channeled my focus toward more important things
Maybe I need to develop and Isolator Cushion for the hard mount. The little rubber grommets might not do it. I bet taking the hard mount off would also do it. Let me crunch on it for a while.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hmm...maybe something like this ....

Maybe I need to develop and Isolator Cushion for the hard mount. The little rubber grommets might not do it. I bet taking the hard mount off would also do it. Let me crunch on it for a while.
AFter some further driving. I don't think the rumble is bad at all. I actually enjoy the sound and the engine sounds beefier which it should be.

I also think that the FXT crowd should benefit from these bushings and insert much much more. My previous 18' FXT exhibted the same issues (rock side-to-side over bumps and turns, squishy body lean, and also lurches/driveline lash). It's shorter wheelbase and width exacerbated the issues even more. Have you made them any offers, @traildogck? I did not see any posts from you on the forester forums.

·
Master Caster
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
AFter some further driving. I don't think the rumble is bad at all. I actually enjoy the sound and the engine sounds beefier which it should be.

I also think that the FXT crowd should benefit from these bushings and insert much much more. My previous 18' FXT exhibted the same issues (rock side-to-side over bumps and turns, squishy body lean, and also lurches/driveline lash). It's shorter wheelbase and width exacerbated the issues even more. Have you made them any offers, @traildogck? I did not see any posts from you on the forester forums.
Let me get back to you about the Fozzy Forum.

·
Master Caster
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Was doing some tinkering about on the forester forums and found couple of threads from 14-18 owners mentioning products. Really stoked! Now I wish I kept my FXT and mods with your bushings and insert. Not that the OB is bad, but different. >:)
Why thank you.

I know, I am current. I even have the new 2019 Forester stock resr sway bar bushing. I make them all. Even BRZ. There are many Modded Fozzy's in Oz. I send a good bit over there. Plus some upgrade kits for sway bars. I tried to get on with the Forester Forum. But I could never get set up as what they call a ... not "Homebrew Vendor" that's the Legacy site. They were cool. Pay a membership level and you are good. The Forester forum, they guys in charge never got back to me. I ask those customers post feedback and spread the word.

·
Master Caster
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Subaru Brand Infringement and Ebay

All CKE listing will be removed from Ebay. Evidently, the Subaru Brand Infringement division has decided that CKE has infringed on Subaru Intellectual Property. I was notified though Ebay today that these have been removed.

OK, look at the last 3, these are MY intellectual property, Not Subaru. Every sway bar bushing I make is different than what Subaru makes, they are not rubber. They are not manufactured in the same manner.

It's because I listed Subaru in the title and I listed compatible OEM part numbers. Some bean counter at Subaru thinks I'm selling "Subaru" branded sh*t.

I'll be taking down the rest of my listing today to avoid Ebay repercussions since Subi will be coming after me on the others. It kinda p*sses me off Subaru can tell Ebay that I can't sell my inserts and my reinforcement brackets. Bushings are a little grey, but this whole thing is a stretch at best.

Website currently being considered now.

Or I may just quit this hobby and move on to something else.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback Base. 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i. 2013 Harely-Davidson FLHTK.
706 Posts
All CKE listing will be removed from Ebay. Evidently, the Subaru Brand Infringement division has decided that CKE has infringed on Subaru Intellectual Property. I was notified though Ebay today that these have been removed.

OK, look at the last 3, these are MY intellectual property, Not Subaru. Every sway bar bushing I make is different than what Subaru makes, they are not rubber. They are not manufactured in the same manner.

It's because I listed Subaru in the title and I listed compatible OEM part numbers. Some bean counter at Subaru thinks I'm selling "Subaru" branded sh*t.

I'll be taking down the rest of my listing today to avoid Ebay repercussions since Subi will be coming after me on the others. It kinda p*sses me off Subaru can tell Ebay that I can't sell my inserts and my reinforcement brackets. Bushings are a little grey, but this whole thing is a stretch at best.

Website currently being considered now.

Or I may just quite this hobby and move on to something else.
eBay does that all the time when a manufacturer complains.

I had a yellow cordless drill listing that was killed because Dewalt said I was infringing on there intellectual property because it was the same color as their products. I didn't use the name Dewalt or anything.

All manufacturers have people that comb through all online sales sites looking for stuff. It is their only job!

Don't let it discourage you!

·
Master Caster
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Get used to this ...

These stats are all we have left ...A picture frozen in time.

For those who want to contact me for product, do so by PM or the email in my signature.

·
Master Caster
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
It was probably leading off with 'Subaru'
Many listings say stuff like 'our own brand name'.. xyz 'fits Subaru' or some such, to make it clear it is not an actual Subaru part.
You are exactly correct. I was doing this for search purposes, and in my descriptions, I am very clear about who makes what.

What's messed up ... I can't relist ANY of my products, because they are all flagged. It's a joke.

But these jokers can do what they want.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback Base. 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i. 2013 Harely-Davidson FLHTK.
706 Posts
You are exactly correct. I was doing this for search purposes, and in my descriptions, I am very clear about who makes what.

What's messed up ... I can't relist ANY of my products, because they are all flagged. It's a joke.

But these jokers can do what they want.
What about under a new selling ID? That may get you past the flag part of it. Then make sure you are very clear that they work on and fit Subaru.

·
Master Caster
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
What about under a new selling ID? That may get you past the flag part of it. Then make sure you are very clear that they work on and fit Subaru.
I'm just going to move away from the platform, they are too expensive anyway. They have so many rules, and performance measures. They are a pain in the *ss.

I can list new products though.

This transmission mount and new CKE insert will fit some Subaru 6MT turbo diesel wagons.

I am able to list that.

:28:

:cursin:

:14:

·
Master Caster
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
Just to make you all aware, I have a rear sway bar bushing for the 2020 Outback on order. The front is the same as the Ascent, the rear might be different, it might also be the same. We will see when I receive it.

·
Master Caster
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Just to make you all aware, I have a rear sway bar bushing for the 2020 Outback on order. The front is the same as the Ascent, the rear might be different, it might also be the same. We will see when I receive it.
This means CKE Performance will have sway bar bushings available when Subaru has the new Outback ready for delivery.

👊

·
Registered
'17 Outback 3.6R Limited
26 Posts
This means CKE Performance will have sway bar bushings available when Subaru has the new Outback ready for delivery.

👊
Hi traildogck,
I think i saw your CVT trans mounts up on ADF's website? wondering if you could give me some input on which option to select? I have a 2017 Outback 3.6R with stock suspension and tires, all I have upgraded is the rear sway bar to 19mm. I believe I should be ordering the 60d (soft) option because I don't push it on the track or anything.... But i do get down in deep snow and take it off road quite a bit (albeit just dirt roads not off-roading...) another consideration is I plan to lift the car within the next year, so...? should I go with 60d or 75d? Any help is greatly appreciated.

btw, I have learned so F***in much from reading your posts. I love how informative you are and how you go the whole 9 yards instead of just dead-end answering peoples questions.

thanks so much

·
Registered
3 Posts
I pour urethane for a living, your 75d and your 85d should say 75a and 85a, the d scale is the hard scale and the a scale is the softer scale, if a misprint my bad, but keep up the molding it's fun to make stuff

·
Master Caster
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
@Wagon lover

You are correct, they actually are a "shore hardness" of 75a & 85a. My little "d" stands for my own durometer scale, not "D" on the shore hardness scale. The problem is, when I introduced my products, everyone initially wanted to know how these bushings compared to stock. I was trying to figure out a simple way to explain it. So, little "d" stood for durometer, without having to get into the deep explanation of shore hardness.

So now, I only confuse folks who actually know something about urethane.

What industry do you work in? I discovered urethane moulding working for a precast concrete company.

·
Master Caster
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
All of your links do not work. Just an FYI!
No, they don't. I got booted off of Ebay due to Subaru's brand infringement division. It had to do with the fact I had Subaru in my titles. I have all of my transmission inserts back up. But currently, for anyone interested, people need to contact me direct my PM or at [email protected]

361 - 380 of 384 Posts