·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xtreme Racing Tuning ? View topic - Subaru Tuning that affects 5EAT Operations & Performance
PaulB said:
Hi Edward,

Thanks for the gearbox tune. It feels more responsive now and easier to "command". It seems that on the Tribeca (B9) it does not help tuning the engine only as the gearbox seems to negate any progress you make on the tuning, especially with my driving style which is more old man than race boy. Manuals and more modern autos should be better but with the Trebeca's 5EAT you won't get the full benefit if you tune the engine only.

I'm not sure how your normal aggressive throttle response will be but with the "long throw" pedal you tuned for me it seems very natural to command the gearbox now.

I had the sense that the car felt "lighter" today after the gearbox tune.

With all your tuning the car is not as frustrating to drive than in stock, i.e. I feel more in control because the car now reacts better to my inputs.

Thanks again.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,605 Posts
Any Tribeca owners out there? You are very quiet.
They are out there, but many are not exactly tuners. Here in the US, the Tribeca is mostly owned by moms as far as I can tell. Even the 3.0R models are usually adult owned by people who aren't really into tuning.

Myself however, I am interested in different tunings for my car. I have a US spec 2009 Outback 3.0R wagon. It has SI drive and 5EAT as well. I am not sure what can be done with it though, I don't plan on any power upgrades for it as I have a Baja Turbo to tinker with. Maybe just a better sounding exhaust in the future.

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,605 Posts
Ok. I love the Baja.

You can get a basic tune for it that will improve all the dynamics of it.

Is the Baja still stock?
Nope. Stock mechanically, but Grimmspeed BCS, Xcelleration 3" turboback and a tune. The prior owner had a TurboXS up pipe on it but that disappeared somewhere between the dealer he traded it into, the auction, and the dealer I bought it from. My turbo just grenaded at 156k. Hopefully I can save the motor....:mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
yup 08 tribeca owner here and hate the transmission shifting, lockup is too soon then it shudders and shifting is very soft also would like to increase engine torque/fuel mileage

i will soon be looking for engine/trans tuning west_minst

Steve

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca Now - 2004 Outback EJ259 - Sold
1,072 Posts
I will be on the tuned by Ed Tribeca list soon :D
Too **** cold here atm!
Another -18°C day today.

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca Now - 2004 Outback EJ259 - Sold
1,072 Posts
Would definitely bump up HP with the colder air a bit.
I would rather start the process when the IAT is slightly more normal though.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts