Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 outback 2.5 prem
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, we just purchased our 2013 2.5i outback Friday. I want to buy a set of side window deflectors and maybe the hod deflector from subaru. Has any one used these two products or offer any alternative? We didnt get a chance to inspect the car before driving away they were closing I didnt want to keep people late on a friday, so when i got home i noticed several scratches on the upper chrome side window trim. From the description it sounds like the subaru deflector will attach to that trim piece and give you a chrome trim piece to cover the deflector, is that correct? Other than that it is an awsome vehicle. Thanks

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback Limited - 2.5 L Boxer H4 - 5 Speed Manual
341 Posts
If it's a brand new vehicle, it shouldn't be scratched up - I would go back and let them know your story. They should replace the trim, I would think.

·
Registered
2010 OBW limited 2.5 CVT
1,602 Posts
If it's a brand new vehicle, it shouldn't be scratched up - I would go back and let them know your story. They should replace the trim, I would think.
This...Use it to get a free set. I'm sure the cost less than the trim. Those parts cost way too much retail from Subaru, but I would buy the hood deflector if they would throw in the window deflectors. Show them the scratches and ask what the options are. See what they offer up. If they don;t mention the deflectors (if that'swhat you really want), then ask about them.

·
Registered
2013 outback 2.5 prem
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This...Use it to get a free set. I'm sure the cost less than the trim. Those parts cost way too much retail from Subaru, but I would buy the hood deflector if they would throw in the window deflectors. Show them the scratches and ask what the options are. See what they offer up. If they don;t mention the deflectors (if that'swhat you really want), then ask about them.
I was going to do that. I figured it would be a lot cheaper for the dealership. I checked the rest of the car and found several paint defect on the hood. They look like water marks but do not come off. There is also an area on the hood that feels very rough. Ill contact them in the a.m. And report back

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback Limited - 2.5 L Boxer H4 - 5 Speed Manual
341 Posts
Ya, definitely should not be like that. Subaru is a respectful company so all should end well. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
What was the remedy for the paint?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts