Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

One day before it is revealed at the 2013 New York Auto Show, the Subaru WRX Concept has hit the web looking gloriously mean.

The well-respected rally car has taken a backseat to the Subaru lineup in recent years, in terms of popularity and overall styling. Some would say the latest generation is a little too soft, tame, and mild. But this WRX concept is none of that.
For more information on the Subaru WRX concept visit AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
157 Posts
That looks good as long as there's a hatchback. Or give me the advanced tourer concept with a hood scoop and turbo 2.0 DIT

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
I am REALLY interested to see if this electric turbo actually comes to fruition. If so, it could be a game changer.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
The electric turbo idea is fantastic. I guess BMW has been chewing on one for a while but I don't think it's in a production car yet. Porsche has done electric transmissions in a few cars but they aren't using the electricity to boost compression.

I'd love to see a 1.2L that could match the current 2.5L with boost, and a larger one like their current 2.0L for performance applications.

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
3,113 Posts
Only if...... Too bad the manufacturers tease us like this and when the production run comes out the bean counters have already killed the dream. As for power, how about a 3.0 or 3.6 TWIN turbo? Can't help it, I like torque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts