Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IN my quest for a Subaru with the 6 cylinder engine, I ran across a post about a turbo equipped Subaru..

I didn't know they had turbos on anything but the sports models..

How long does the turbo last? how does the engines hold up? are they a nightmare or easy to work on..

how about MPG compaired to H6

Thanks in advance! I am going "surfing" to see what else I can find out about these XTs.

Brian B

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
I had an '08 turbo Legacy GT (same engine) that I sold with 88k miles on it and it was still going strong. I have read where people have kept thier turbos for 200k+ miles. I have read stories where their turbo blew at 15k.

Just like any other engine, preventative and routine maintenence mean more than anything. And just like any other "problems" your going to find all kinds of negative feedback online and very little positive. Not too many people create a thread just to say "Hey I'm at 150k and my car is doing GREAT!". But you can find dozens of threads where people critique every little thing that doesn't meet their expectations.

Personally I sold my Legacy GT because it was reaching 100k, I was starting a family, and didn't want the "what if" hanging over my head of a high mileage Turbo car. The new owner has had it a year and we e-mail occaisionally, it's treating him great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts