Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Administrator
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I thought it was time to re-do our 'Who Lives Where' map for the Subaru Outback members. Sadly the 'Frapper Map' has basically gone into the *rapper...
Which is okay as this is a much friendlier product to use.

Link to map: SubaruOutback.org Visualized - Google Maps

New Instructions:

Option 1:
Post your zip code on the thread and an authorized editor of the map will add you. (Preferred method, better tracking for all)
Option 2: PM one of the approve editors if no response after a week+.

Authorized Editors: - HeyChris, SilverOnyx

If you have specific information that you would want with your marker please include that as well. Member Name, car information, etc. I usually add peoples username. We are not including vehicle images.

Google Earth version - Not cooperating. Not going to populate at this time.

Privacy:
If you are concerned about privacy you do not have to participate. I personally think zip codes and cities won't cause any major privacy issues, but if you are concerned, then simply add your state/province/etc.! (It looks like outside the US many postal codes are more specific, so for our international members you can keep it to a town and that should help.) I think everyone can participate without privacy concerns!

TIP 1: If you would like to search the map for a member or location, the best way I know of at this point is hitting CTRL+F (CMD+F on Mac) and typing in your search. As list grows it will get harder to scroll through so this will be important and another reason everyone should put their name in their description!

Update 1: If you need to update your marker, or we have a typo, send one of us a PM...

Update 2: If you've ever wondered where our Vendors & Events were related to your location, those are on the map too...

Update 3: 03.12.21 - 20+ sponsors, 13 Meets, and 33+ member locations...

·
Administrator
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Updated

·
Premium Member
2020 White Limited Hybrid
380 Posts

Reactions: HeyChris

·
Registered
Outback 2021 Premium 2.5L
473 Posts
White Plains, NY is close enough without being a bullseye!

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
11,262 Posts
I'm new to this so if someone doesn't provide a zip code, is it acceptable to assign them a P.O. Box type of zip code just for ease of automatic pin placement? Otherwise the map maintainer would need to manually decide where to place the pin.

10602 and 10610 are P.O. Box zip codes for White Plains, NY

Just a note that when a pin is placed based on your zip code, it may appear on the map as-if it's a specific street location but it's not, so don't expect to find anyone (or yourself) based on the pin location. For example my pin is about 8 miles away from my actual location just centered in my zip code area.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,977 Posts
...uh...what about those outside of the USA. Postal codes...?

·
Administrator
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@scoobydoo2, yes postal codes with city

Similar to this for you...L7A 2P6 Canada

·
Administrator
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
updated

1 - 20 of 167 Posts