Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subaru plans a 7-passenger SUV for next Spring (2006 model year in the U.S.) and a luxury sedan in the not-so-far future, too, says Autoweek. These products are intended to move the brand further upscale, and will be priced accordingly, higher than the Outback VDC Wagon. And, confusingly enough, the new SUV may be shared by SAAB also:
http://demo.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=100028

I am concerned whether the navigation system and telescoping steering, etc., luxury touches that would've been nice on the Outback Wagon as available options (and are not) would be reserved just for next year's SUV? And, is it too much to ask that when they released the Navigation System, that it was made retro-fittable to the 2005 model as well (read alsewhere on this site that the company says it will not be so)?

Lastly, has anyone accessed any advance pictures of the SUV? Supposedly the look is completely new & sign of all Subaru's to come!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The article says it all. GM owns Saab and 20% of Fuji Heavy Industries. One of the Saab's has a WRX engine in it. Soon you might find a Subaru engine in a Saturn!!

OK, a quick google search found these two photos. One looks strange, the other more realistic. However, since I am new at this, I can't figure out how to insert a .jpg or a .gif!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tribeca - Subaru's 2006 (model year) SUV

thanks, gtk & injektilo, for the pics & the link.
the name & the overall look suggest an urban SUV?
that's a tad removed from the mud-loving, snow-craving, rustic wagon of yore, no?...

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hard to tell but looks kinda ugly when you see the front on shots from The Car Connection (which have copyright all over them so not going to post here ;) )

It could be a good thing for Subaru, specially in the US market.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I concur to the beast's ugliness, alright [could almost see why Saab wanted it :)]
From the front, Porsche-Cayenne like headlamps, oddly mixed with Nissan Armada like grille; and from the rear, well, sorta Pontiac-(Aztec?)-like lamps; from the side, an overall impression of a bloated Outback of a couple of years ago..., don't you think? What glimpse of the interior that is seen, however, looks upscale, fit & finish, etc.
Donno, just a free-associating type of impression...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Take a look at the doors...the windows actually have frames around them. This seems to go against the ring reinforcement that Subaru has been pushing since...well...ever.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It looks pretty much like a Nisssan Murano don't you think? The front end (which is supposed to be the new Subaru signature) is soooo ugly...

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
I think I read recently about the 'beak' being of forward thinking like aero (air) craft ish. What the **** did I just say? I meant the look of an aircraftlike nose. I just read something of the sort in Automobile magazine.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
the beak look is quite the rage in current sportbike styling too. somehow it don't conjure up an airplane to me, tho.

what it does look like, as Shannon's fotos indicate, is a great place for expensive, hard to fix dmg in front end wrecks.:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
CPToversteer
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing