Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subaru Launches 24-Hour Test Drive Offer For UK

Subaru has launched a 24-hour test drive campaign, allowing potential customers more time to fully appreciate the benefits of symmetrical all-wheel drive.

Every Subaru model is included in the programme including the iconic Impreza WRX STi and new Legacy 3.0R spec.B and Forester 2.5 XT turbo.

Virtually every Subaru dealer on the UK mainland is operating the free test drive offer which will run for at least 12 months in order to gauge consumer interest.

Most models are available to anyone aged between 25 and 70 years of age and with a full driving licence for 12 months. Performance versions are limited to those aged between 30 and 65 years old and with at least 24 months qualified driving experience.

This latest initiative is the latest in a line of imaginative, customer-friendly attractions.

Others include the slashing of parts prices by up to 56 per cent, substantially extending the number of leasing companies now offering Subarus to company car owners and the introduction of a ‘Six Star’ servicing package for Impreza models. This allows owners to pay a set amount every month for all their servicing needs.

LINK: SUBDRIVEN: Subaru Launches 24-Hour Test Drive Offer For UK
Holy crap! I guess GM's influence is finally paying off in a good way! I hope they bring this deal to the America! I'll be going to all three of my local dealers and driving every Outback I can! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Although it sounds exciting, it's not in reality. A friend of mine, already an Impreza STi owner, wanted to test drive a new WRX for 24 hours. He went to his local dealer and mentioned this promotion and was told that although Subaru UK promote it, the UK dealers do not have offer it. The reality appears to be that you'll find it very difficult, if not impossible, to get such as test drive unless it's on some of the "slower" models.

·
Registered
82 Posts
osbornj6 said:
The reality appears to be that you'll find it very difficult, if not impossible, to get such as test drive unless it's on some of the "slower" models.
Honestly I can understand the dealer's viewpoint on this... I can just see JimBob in Arkansas signing out an STi for 24 hours and taking it to the dragstrip and thrashing the tranny and clutch. Then returning it saying "Nope, I don't want this car since it broke on my way to dinner with my wife"

I'm sure there are all kinds of documents you have to sign before getting the keys in hand, but I think ya know what I mean...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anything would be better than the 10 minute "accompanied" test drive that we had to base our recent purchase on... :ucrazy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Toasty
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing