Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a subie club in these areas Crestview,FL Mobile, AL Pensacola,FL Fort walton Beach,FL or does any one in these areas like to start one.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
You best bet is to check NASIOC There are many people on that board. But I think you may be a member already. That's the most widespread forums, so maybe they have some peeps down by you. Brian

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bheinz57 said:
You best bet is to check NASIOC There are many people on that board. But I think you may be a member already. That's the most widespread forums, so maybe t

hey have some peeps down by you. Brian

I was a member until i was banned,i've tried e mailing them to try to find out what i did wrong.No response,so all i can do know is read the forums.O well i guess thats the way it goes.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Banned, what do you think you did to deserve that? Stay here until this site gets big and I'm sure you will find people close to you:) Brian

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bheinz57 said:
Banned, what do you think you did to deserve that? Stay here until this site gets big and I'm sure you will find people close to you:) Brian

Hey thanks Brian,i wish knew what i did wrong but they won't tell.I think this site will be as big as the other one day.I'm glad i ran across this site,its looks pretty good.I plan on staying as on as you all will have me.Thanks again,Dwayne

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,122 Posts
Baja Turbo said:
Hey thanks Brian,i wish knew what i did wrong but they won't tell.I think this site will be as big as the other one day.I'm glad i ran across this site,its looks pretty good.I plan on staying as on as you all will have me.Thanks again,Dwayne
I like you Baja guys, you like myself don't seem to care to much about your personal image you present based on your car. I'm not saying that to bash the Baja its just I take a lot of crap for driving a Subaru let alone a station wagon, although it doesn't bother. I'd rather be driving something I like and I can get a lot of useage out of rather than buying some trendy, overpriced whatever to try to fit in or look cool. Baja's rock! End of story :D

And this site will get big... very big, very soon ;)

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hero Boots said:

I like you Baja guys, you like myself don't seem to care to much about your personal image you present based on your car. I'm not saying that to bash the Baja its just I take a lot of crap for driving a Subaru let alone a station wagon, although it doesn't bother. I'd rather be driving something I like and I can get a lot of useage out of rather than buying some trendy, overpriced whatever to try to fit in or look cool. Baja's rock! End of story :D

And this site will get big... very big, very soon ;)

Yeah,i know what you mean.I catch grief about driving a subaru also.I just tell them to line it up,if i can't beat them when its dry out i just tell them to wait til it rains,then they better look out.Nobodys beaten me in the rain yet,thats when the fun begins.Theres nothing wrong with driving a wagon,i've owned 3 in the past.Just remember the wagon is the #1 best seller in the world for Subaru.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
I feel very little grief about driving a wagon when I can load it and close the door, without having some large item hanging out. And if all I'm doing is another typical grocery run, then I just look like Mr. Domestic - and I enjoy looking mild and ordinary and forgettable.

And then I'm gone - and nobody misses me *G*

·
Registered
Black Granite Pearl Baja Turbo (On Order)
14 Posts
Odd

That's quite odd that you were banned. Are you sure that their server didn't just dump you? They've been doing a lot of maintenance to the site lately.

And yes, I'm still waiting on the Black 5-speed turbo I ordered in Jan to show up. Hopefully it'll be 2-3 more weeks or less!

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Odd

BajaJake said:
That's quite odd that you were banned. Are you sure that their server didn't just dump you? They've been doing a lot of maintenance to the site lately.

And yes, I'm still waiting on the Black 5-speed turbo I ordered in Jan to show up. Hopefully it'll be 2-3 more weeks or less!

Yes i think so,they said that my e mail address has been banned.When i go on the site it shows me logged in but it won't let me post.I think Koby Subaru has what your looking for on there lot.Do you know anyone else in your area that owns a Subaru,the reason i'm asking is would you and others be interested in meeting 1 night a week at a burger joint to chew the fat and checkout each others ride.Theres a few bike clubs that meet at a different sonics every friday nite.The hot rodders meet at a set Burger King every sat.nite.So what do you think about trying something like these?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Scooby Meet

Well, I only know of one other owner personally. A guy I work with has a WRX that is waiting on a new engine, but I think it's back home in Alaska. I've seen three non-turbo Bajas in the area (2 in Ft Walton and 1 in Panama City). The brand just doesn't seem all that big around here. Of course, with Lee Imports' own preference of VW over Subaru (the dealer even told me that their owner considers them to be a VW dealer primarily), I'm not too surprised.

Plus, with AWD not being a necesssity down here, the Hondas and Mitsus seem to rule import tuner side of the world. I've been an American heavy metal fan all my life and the Subarus are a recent facination of only the last two years, but I don't group them in with the Ricer crowd, although I do catch flack from the other American Hotrodders for it.

But I think it would be cool to get a Subie club up and running down here, maybe do some trail rides in the woods around the Eglin Reservation. I've had some fun with my Jeep out there, of course I'd be understandably hesitent about taking a brand new car and subjecting it to the same punishment that my 11 year old Jeep receives. Of course, a few simple meets just to hang out and swap tips and stories would be cool too.

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i'm the same way,i can't see trashing a new ride.Its nice just to get out in the woods and ride around.Theres some nice riding in Eglin, i've been riding out there for the last 20 years,i like the thick sand,i have'nt done much sand riding yet.I'll be going out there next weekend to jackson guard to renew my permit.I'm going down to A.R.E. today to order my camper top.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Saw You

Were you out on I-10 west today? I passed a red Baja Turbo while I was headed east and I thought it might have been you. you've got the sport lights, right? Great looking ride, really shines!

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Saw You

BajaJake said:
Were you out on I-10 west today? I passed a red Baja Turbo while I was headed east and I thought it might have been you. you've got the sport lights, right? Great looking ride, really shines!

Hey thanks,she needs a good washing.Yeah i think that was me i had the tailgate down with the bed extender flipped out.I rode out to fort walton beach to A.R.E. and ordered my topper.It sure turned out to be a nice day for a ride.I wish i was on my bike with weather like this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you know if we have anyone in this area who has one of the Penda hard covers in stock so I could take a closer look? I'm not too fond of the full bed cap, but it works for some. I would just like something to keep the rain off my duffle bag of work clothes and to smooth out the aerodynamics. But it'll most likely be a while before my wife lets me spend clsoe to $1000 on something like that. :D

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
How about the 'Snuglid' one. About the same as the Penda one I believe. The Snuglid ones are fiberglass and painted to match the upper body color. Have you seen those? They have the shocks on them I think. But oh so pricey. Brian

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BajaJake said:
Do you know if we have anyone in this area who has one of the Penda hard covers in stock so I could take a closer look? I'm not too fond of the full bed cap, but it works for some. I would just like something to keep the rain off my duffle bag of work clothes and to smooth out the aerodynamics. But it'll most likely be a while before my wife lets me spend clsoe to $1000 on something like that. :D

No i sure don't,i thought about a hard top to but the ones i've seen don't seem to fit good around the sport bars.I want something that going to be water tight,so if i use the switchback door in the rain water won't get in.The topper looks like it will seal pretty good.I got a trailer for items that won't fit inside. A.R.E sells hard covers,but i don't know if they have one for the Baja.I got to go back up there next weekend so i'll ask them if they know who sells them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, that's a tricky spot around the bars. I don't need watertight, just something to keep puring rain off a vinyl bag full of stuff and anything else that may be back there. Besides, anything really weather sensitive probably shouldn't be in the bed of a truck anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts