Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is Jason, and I am new to the Subaru World. My journey with Subaru has started in a unique way. I have a new coworker who has a 02 WRX. He bought the 2005 OBXT to grab the motor for his car as an upgrade, and I just happened to be looking for an AWD wagon for a daily driver / adventure vehicle. Needless to say I got the wagon for very cheap, and now have a project in front of me, that I am very much looking forward to. I am on a pretty tight budget, so buying one in perfect condition really wasn't in the cards. The positive about this is that I am not relying on it, and can take my time. not wanting to go all out on this car, just want to make it fun (~300 to 350 crank hp?) and reliable. Anyways, I will probably be asking questions her and there as I search throughout the previous posts for answers, so see y'all around :)

·
Registered
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
420 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! There is a treasure trove of experience and knowledge here; it sounds like you have a great project car. Best of luck!

Reactions: Boostfreak777

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an odd question:
Has anyone heard if Subaru plans to license the “start gear” technology from Toyota and adapt it to the Lineartronic CVT? There is some collaboration between the companies already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an odd question:
Has anyone heard if Subaru plans to license the “start gear” technology from Toyota and adapt it to the Lineartronic CVT? There is some collaboration between the companies already.
I think you have mistakenly put this question in the wrong area :)

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,167 Posts
Perhaps the moderator could put my question in the correct forum along with some guidance?
Since I AM a newby, it seemed like the newby forum might be appropriate.
Even we can't post something in someone else's username - that capability would lead to chaos, I think!

You're welcome to just start a new thread under Gen 6; that seems to be where such Outback futures discussions are currently ending up. You'll get a lively discussion on the topic, I'm sure. If it's a big enough topic that it is situated in the wrong area, we can move it elsewhere for you.

And ..... welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts