Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... I'm (hopefully) getting ready to buy my first Subaru, a 6-speed 2010 Outback 2.5i... My previous cars were 3 Pontiacs and 1 Dodge, so this is a new thing for me... Oh yeah, I'd also never driven a stick before taking this car for a spin! Whoo, that was fun! :)

I have 2 rescued pit bulls, so the first thing I'm going to invest in are some seat covers! I really want to keep this girl looking nice... Does anyone else with dogs have any suggestions? I thought about maybe a barrier to keep the male in the back because he tends to jump around a lot in a car... The female sits nicely with her seat belt harness, but he does not...

Some other things I'm considering are:
~ upgrading to better tires for sure
~ getting the windows tinted (35 in front, 20 in back)
~ ditching the plastic hubcaps and getting some actual wheels
~ tweaking her performance somehow... just not sure what to do yet

I am definitely open to suggestions! :)

I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to talk numbers with the salesguy... Wish me luck!

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts
Sounds great. You will be amazed at the difference between the quality of the Subaru vs. Dodge or Pontiac. I hope I didn't just start a flame war! About the dogs - I have a 2000 Outback which is more station wagon like than the cross-over designs of the 4th generation like you are getting, so there is more room in the back of the old one. I'd recommend getting the rubber floor mat liner thing for the dog that stays in the back. Mine came with one and vacuuming up after the golden retriever couldn't be easier.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! This one is coming with a liner thingy in the back, plus I'll put a bed or blanket back there for the little hellion... He's not really big, about 65 pounds... He's what's called a "gamebred" pit bull, which is a leaner and lankier built dog that the huge hippopitamus pit bulls you see everywhere nowadays...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts