Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay kids, let's say you ran into or saved $500 specifically for putting into your Subie. What would you get/do to it and why.

A form fitting custom neoprene front seat covers ~ $250

High flow SS cat section ~ $250

The cat section would round out my full exhaust and the seat covers offer protection and look good. I have cheapies for covers now, and they just don't fit right....now, what is it? That new tint? New radio? Have at it. Brian

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hmmm.. well, seeing as how I just did most of my suspension stuff, these are the things at the top of my wishlist:

Borla header for ~$265 to bring out more of that boxer rumble and maybe gain a few ponies.
Light tint on all windows to help keep things a little cooler in the summer and look a little better.
Lightened(not underdriven) pulley to free up a little bit of horsepower.
Air intake for better breathing and a few more ponies.
Hella supertone horns for ~$65, the stock ones suck.

--Josh

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Re: Re: Subie wish list

Losiho said:
New rear shocks.
Amen! But, as it appears that I will be taking care of that problem myself in the near future, my real response would be:

A set of 4 new ContiExtreme Tires. Man, my tires are so bald right now, it's impossible to have any fun in my Outback without skidding all over the place.
So, that's probably about $350 with shipping and install at a local shop.

I'd use the remaining $150 for any combination of the following:
*some brighter headlamps
*have a shop try to flatten out many of the dings on my drivers side from morons slamming their doors into it
*custom Subaru vinyl decals to place around the vehicle, because honestly, Subaru clearly has the best logo in all of transportation!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'd replace these god-awful worthless *#@$% stock tires on my H6 sedan with some nice Dunlop SP Sport 5000's. A great all-around value in a 4-season high performance tire, in my experience.

Tires from Tirerack + professional install at the shop in my town that actually knows what they're doing would be roughly $500 :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
OT, but I really like the look of your Outback Sedan MrEd. And nice VR-4. :) I used to have a 95 TSi AWD. Long live turbo AWD vehicles....

--Josh

·
Registered
244 Posts
bheinz57 said:
Losiho, so practical...:1: Brian
:D

So practical because I've already spent a fortune modifying my Mazda over the years, I've promised that I'm not going to send myself bankrupt playing with the Suby ;)

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
251 Posts
Well...seeing as how I have just bought a used Cobb Tuning catback for $350 :D:D:D, have 2 sets of tires already and the Cobb Headers are out of this price range, if I somehow came up with another $500 I would probably go with the Prodrive Springs from Teagues at $299. Minimal lowering, designed to work with the factory struts and increases spring rate 20%.

The extra $200 would probably go into the header fund. ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd get a set of heavy duty rubber floor mats and a header.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, searching the forums I came across this thread again...And I have my high flow cat section now, the seat covers would be very nice now to replace my cheapies. Anyone else get any of their wish list lately? Brian

·
Registered
135 Posts
For my 00 OB i would get SS brake hoses, new pads, struts that give you less body lean, and something that would make my M/T shifter more precise.
(In any given gear the shifter moves 2-3 inches left and right. Anyone know what can fix this truck like gear box? But im not really interested in a short throw shifter)

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lukeg199, you can get a set of ply bushings for your shifter. Kartboy makes 'em, and so do others. Around $35-45. It will stiffen up the shifter and make it more precise. If that is the problem anyway. Brian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
12 Participants
bheinz57
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing