Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it. I have one each Subaru genuine accessory subwoofers from a 99 limited and a 2002 LL Bean, not that you had to have either of those high trim levels to have one of these. Plugs into factory stereo harness, no cutting or splicing. Anchors to one of the rear mounting bolts on the front seat. First gens can go under either but are typically installed under the driver's seat. Second Gen has to go under the passenger seat as the power drivers seat doesn't have sufficient clearance.

Call dibs if you want it. These usually go quick. PayPal is [email protected], include your shipping addy if it's different from what's in your account.

Guaranteed. Keep it if it's a dud, I'll refund. Just don't be a douche and say it doesn't work to get a free sub. Karma's a bitch :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure the only way to get one was as a dealer installed accessory.

My 01 Beaner doesn't have one.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Is the one labeled "Subaru 80 watt subwoofer" the 2nd gen one? I'm close to pulling the trigger on it but I need to make sure my car even runs before I start buying frivolous things for it. If you've still got it in a week or two then you've probably got a buyer.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That one's actually a first gen.

2nd gens are bigger. Could probably squeeze it under a first gen seat tho. Never tried.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Still have these? I have an 01, so would be interested in the 2nd gen one. I have the weatherband radio - will it plug into that?

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2nd gen unit sold but the first gen will work in a 2nd gen, it's just smaller.

They'll plug into pretty much any factory Subaru HU, only possible exception being the McIntosh systems (which already have a sub in the cargo area anyway).

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Aha! I was looking at parts diagrams that kept showing a factory sub in the cargo area (replacing the one cubby on the passenger side). So, if one was to get that enclosure, the stock wiring on a non-McIntosh wouldn't connect. This is important to my desires for a sub.

How much of a pain is it to get that wire fished? If this buyer doesn't want the sub, or when you come across another, I may want one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Euchre
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing