Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2011 3.6R Limited with H/K system and the USB factory add-on kit.

Never had an issue with iPhone 4 connecting to the H/K radio, nor with iPhone 5 until the other day.

Now when I connect, it says "Attached," you hear the "chirp" from connecting it, but none of the radio buttons work to control the stereo.

If you press the PTY button (or whatever the top black rectangular button is) and the #3 preset, it usually allows you to control by Album. None of those combinations work. No matter what preset you press after the PTY button, it quickly flashes "audio book" (or something like that) and then back to "Attached."

It's basically unusable right now.

Even though it says "Attached," if I play music, the music comes out of the phone. It doesn't come out of the stereo. One note: It used to be that when I connected the iPhone, it said "Attached" on the H/K, and the iPhone itself had that grayed-out screen saying it's connected to a device, which otherwise forces you to control it through the stereo. That iPhone screen no longer appears. You can still see the tiles/icons.

I've always hated the USB implementation on the Outback (which I had the distinct pleasure of paying $450 for as an add-on). Now, I'm so frustrated I could take an axe to that POS system.

Sorry. Venting.

Any help is appreciated, including phone numbers to therapists.

Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try unpairing it and then pair it again.
I will try in the a.m. It's not a Bluetooth radio connection. It's USB only for music. But I can quickly do as you suggest.

Strangely, I had a weird issue the other day where it was like it forgot my phone. I had to pair it again as if new.

Maybe it's all tied together somehow.

Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Try the reboot or even a reset settings (not a restore) on your phone. If that doesn't work, when you connect the cable and hear that chirp, play some music on your phone and then see what options you have when you press the output button on the iphone (looks like a square with an arrow on top).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried all the suggestions simultaneously and I'm back in business. I love this forum and all the helpful folks!!!

To all who made suggestions: THANK YOU! :6::29::)

You saved me a trip to the dealer, which is huge.

Now, if we could just make the thing more user friendly. Sadly, that's a design problem. But I'll take the victory.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
mi_sat
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing