Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited, 2014 Legacy 2.5i
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone given these a shot or know someone who has?

SuperSprings Self-Adjusting Suspension Stabilizers > Coil SumoSprings

I'm looking at towing a jetski with my 99 Outback and would like something to help the springs in the back. I've found the threads dealing with the forester springs mod but if I understand correctly this is just a slight lift and not a higher spring rate.

I'm looking for something to either give the stock springs a hand or a replacement spring with a high rate.

·
Registered
2009 OBW 2.5i 5MT (sold)
81 Posts
I just ordered a set for my Honda CRV, but Sumosprings function the exact same way on either vehicle. They will not provide any lift to the vehicle, but instead will actually provide a higher spring rate once the spring compresses to the point that the spring is seated on the sumospring, essentially turning your coil into a progressive spring. I'll give a report once I have them installed. I'll be towing a 2000lb popup camper.

Subaru Outback Sumosprings from Etrailer.com

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the only place you can get stiffer springs is through an Australian company called King Springs. Rallitek used to make what they called "overload" springs, but they stopped production a few years ago. I think you can also use springs from the Baja. A forum seach will turn up information on both.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,129 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts