Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i CVT Limited, Nav+EyeSight
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an interesting "feature" of the 2013 Navigation

Hit "Maps"
Hit "More"
Hit "Sunrise/Sunset"

You'll see the sunrise+sunset time for your current location as well as a map of the world showing which parts are light and which are dark. Pretty cool, but not particularly useful. Who really needs that information in their car?

OH! I can think of a reason! Automatic night/day settings for the screen!

Hit "Info"
Hit "Settings"
Under Night/Day, you have options for "Time", "Headlights" or "None". Pick "Time"

It then asks you to manually enter the sunrise/sunset times. WTF.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
Here's an interesting "feature" of the 2013 Navigation

Hit "Maps"
Hit "More"
Hit "Sunrise/Sunset"

You'll see the sunrise+sunset time for your current location as well as a map of the world showing which parts are light and which are dark. Pretty cool, but not particularly useful. Who really needs that information in their car?

OH! I can think of a reason! Automatic night/day settings for the screen!

Hit "Info"
Hit "Settings"
Under Night/Day, you have options for "Time", "Headlights" or "None". Pick "Time"

It then asks you to manually enter the sunrise/sunset times. WTF.
Yep - that's what it means. If you travel to another time zone, you have to override/re-set that feature so that the light come automatically on. It works fine for me. Also, my wife likes that "night" NAV map mode with those cute blue lines representing streets... it gives a car more serene look at night!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited w/SAP
12 Posts
As a photographer I love to have the sunrise and sunset time available. That's the time the best light to shoot in is available.
Thank you Subaru.

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
Right. Except you have to set the time of sunrise and sunset. Why can't it just take GPS time and set it itself?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts