Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find my exact problem to tell me what is going on.

Got a 2006 OBXT and 2 weeks ago the sunroof suddenly started acting odd. I could open it, but couldn't close it. Then I found the little crank port and closed it.

Then, I could open it, it stopped wanting to close. I help the switch the the close position and it would close (begrudgingly). Now, some times it will open all the way and not close and then after a while it will close little by little.

I can't tell if the problem is in the switch or the motor. This problem came on suddenly and shows no consistency. When you hit the switch, you can hear the motor click, and when it opens, it's smooth. Closing is rough and it is clearly unhappy to do it.

If you've dealt with this, your help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,080 Posts
Check to make sure nothing is stuck in the track. It has a safety feature to keep it from closing if it runs into something.

On mine, the rods that connect to the shade that push it back and forth with the window broke and now I have to make sure the shade is all the way open before I open the window otherwise if the window goes past the shade, it doesn't want to close.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts